What's new

Your one go to soap for all seasons

My best all-round soap scent? Must be B&M Seville. Second would be Declaration Grooming Sellout (Aventus) and third, DG Trismegistus (Terre dhermes). SO basically same as fragrances, any scent that can be worn year round as a fragrance, would also be perfect as a year-round shave soap scent.

In that sense, I really need to try the Roja Elysium-based shave soap from The ShavingShop (through alexandria), as I love Elysium and is also a year-round scent.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I thought this thread was about the soap that we really liked using the most. That leaves plenty that we don't use for whatever reason.

Well said, my friend. :)

Guess we could always get back to to the OP's question. ;)

My "one go to soap for all seasons" has got to be Tabac. Incredibly consistent. Great lather - slick and cushioning. Excellent post-shave feel.

Great scent. 😍

What's not to like? :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Gotcha. I can respect narrowing down you choices. I've done the same after trying plenty of soaps and still owning far too many.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk

I took the question as having a true "go to" soap that I can count on to provide excellent performance and results without having to jump through a bunch of "lathering hoops".

Bowl lather? No problem. Easy to load my brush. Builds mounds of wonderful lather in the bowl quickly and consistently.

Face lather? No problem. Easy to load my brush. Builds mounds of wonderful lather on my face quickly and consistently.

YMMV :)

I definitely enjoy my Bay Rums. Originally, I was using Stirling Coniferous 24/7, but B&M Bay Rum is currently one of my favourite soaps. Cella is nice too, but B&M really is better than it.

I'd choose Martin de Candre Rose. Or Fougere. No, Rose. Well, I guess I'd have to flip a coin.

The bonus is that the jar would last at least a year, even if used every day.

B&M Seville... it's the only soap that I've actually managed to finish and feels like a great all-rounder. Fine Fresh Vetiver gets a close second place.

Top Bottom