What's new

Your nominations please - best-smelling aftershaves

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
So many to choose from … I’m a devoted drugstore classics user.

So that would include Skin Bracer, Aqua Velva, Brut, English Leather, British Sterling, both Prorasos (green in summer, red in winter), and of course Clubman. I use them all in rotation! And Mrs. Columbo gets a different surprise every morning.

The only one I now avoid is the P&G version of Old Spice. Way too hot. My bottle of that collects dust.

The secret is to get them out of the plastic bottles and into glass.

I have one fancy bottle, of Safari. But I honestly much prefer the above drugstore ones.

P.S.: I forgot to include Brut, which Mrs. C has really enjoyed recently.

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have a few aftershave scents that I enjoy.
- Razorock XXX
-Ogallala Bayrum & sandalwood
-Fine fresh Vetiver (discontinued for now)
-Yaqi Musketeer
- Proraso Red (Sandal wood)

proxy.php

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
So many to choose from … I’m a devoted drugstore classics user.

So that would include Skin Bracer, Aqua Velva, Brut, English Leather, British Sterling, both Prorasos (green in summer, red in winter), and of course Clubman. I use them all in rotation! And Mrs. Columbo gets a different surprise every morning.

The only one I now avoid is the P&G version of Old Spice. Way too hot. My bottle of that collects dust.

The secret is to get them out of the plastic bottles and into glass.

I have one fancy bottle, of Safari. But I honestly much prefer the above drugstore ones.

P.S.: I forgot to include Brut, which Mrs. C has really enjoyed recently.
It’s really hard to beat the drugstore classics

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Favorite Artisan- CBL Dragon’s Milk
Favorite inexpensive drugstore classic - Skin Bracer
Favorite Bootleg Blend - Bootlegger’s Bay Rum by @OkieStubble
Favorite European- Proraso Green or LaToja

La Toja is a European sleeper. Great stuff!

Love all the classics, especially the vintage versions If I can get them. I probably have more then a lifetime supply of Shulton Old Spice and various vintage Avons. Have a Skin Bracer from the 70’s, an AV Musk from the 90’s and trying to use up the vintage Brut as of late. :)

02E48692-6AFA-4810-897B-03598AC3083C.jpeg

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
La Toja is a European sleeper. Great stuff!

Love all the classics, especially the vintage versions If I can get them. I probably have more then a lifetime supply of Shulton Old Spice and various vintage Avons. Have a Skin Bracer from the 70’s, an AV Musk from the 90’s and trying to use up the vintage Brut as of late. :)

View attachment 1627379

I miss the old Shulton formula. Better in every way.

Some of the Avons were not bad at all. And all their various decanters were very interesting back in the day.

I could get by quite happily with just Pinaud Clubman and Myrsol Plastic Shave.
In reality, I’d never stick with just two, but would definitely be set for life with both the full Pinaud/ Clubman and Myrsol ranges to hand.

Top Bottom