What's new

Your New Razor Has History

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
How ofen do you read of people trying to learn something of the history of a razor they get?

I have started to keep a brief written history of each of my razors (new or old(er)). Just things like:

Manufacturer
Model
Brief Description
Year Made
When Obtained
Where/How Obtained
Cost
Any Modifications Made
Etc.

This sort of information could be of great interest further down the line (e.g., to your son, grandson, great-grandson, etc.). Your razor(s) will probably out last you.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I hope that one of the members with a spreadsheet chimes in. It is a good idea to keep up with where you bought something and how much you paid. I don’t keep one but I wish that I did.

I don't have a spreadsheet But I do have a history of the family razors I have to hand down. I have my grandfathers (1),my Fathers (2) possibly a few others my brother has promised to give me and mine, 2 that I shaved with since I was 15, my other 50 razors I'll just lable wht they are. It's a good idea to write about each of the razors we own.
As we get to our senior years it's a good idea to write down the history of little things that you want the family to know about.

How ofen do you read of people trying to learn something of the history of a razor they get?

I have started to keep a brief written history of each of my razors (new or old(er)). Just things like:

Manufacturer
Model
Brief Description
Year Made
When Obtained
Where/How Obtained
Cost
Any Modifications Made
Etc.

This sort of information could be of great interest further down the line (e.g., to your son, grandson, great-grandson, etc.). Your razor(s) will probably out last you.

When not in use, I have a plastic box for each DE razor. Inside is an index card noting who owned it and the year of manufacturer/when bought. For the longer injector and cartridge, I have each in a zip lock back with an index card of information. The idea is that when I'm dead, no one will have to do a "What is this? Who owned it?" My modern razors will likely be trashed, but I think they' treasure my father's.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
It's a thought. The Timeless titaniums I have will likely shave well long after, well, the next meteor strike.

AA

Top Bottom