What's new

Your new, new favorite thing

What is old for everyone here: Tabac. The good tallow version. When I first bought Tabac some months back, I was so disappointed. "But everyone said...." Turned out to be the new reformulated version. I wasn't going to buy a tallow version at first after the big disappointment, but then I broke down and did. It's my favorite now. I love it. And combined with the magic Speick aftershave I also bought...leaves a wonderful feel to the skin.

It's my Sunday go-to. A wonderful shave before mass, and my face feels great all day.

Additionally, I'm getting into the habit of using specific soaps on specific days (now that I have several soaps, which is new for me, as before I would just have one or two and use until finished). As I said, Tabac/Speick is for Sunday and usually one day during the week. Proraso green for menthol Monday. Thursday or Saturday is usually Proraso red. New Tabac (ugh) for Friday (a day of penance, so I use my worst soap). Not a rigid schedule, but you get the idea.

Last edited:
The old, coated blades from the late 1960's, early 1970's seem to be the pinnacle of DE razor blade manufacturing. No matter the love for whatever current blades is, almost everyone finds an old Schick Plus Platinum or Gillette Spoiler amazing blades.
Has anyone been able to explain why this is? I was thinking about this the other day. At some point on my wet shaving journey, I read that NOS blades are amazing but I have never asked why that is. 🤔

Well this is a timely thread! My new favorite thing is my new and first (just had two delivered yesterday) Ap Shave Co. brush 😁
View attachment 1350719
Fantastic! All around fantastic!!
💈🖖🏼💈
I don't usually find brushes appealing but that is a striking piece. Use it in good health!

Schick Krona. Random eBay buy and it turned out to be an amazing shaver. I’m Schicked how good it is
It absolutely blew me away how well these shave. I think everyone should give one a try at some point.

Recently, my new Stoneware lather bowl.
View attachment 1351057

And a few weeks ago, my King C Gillette razor.
View attachment 1351058

Both are serving me well
I find the design of this bowl very appealing. I think I'll ask Santa for this.

For me, this month's new favorite thing is my Shavemac 20/46 Silvertip 2-Band brush:
SOTD-1947-GT-R_2021-10-21.jpg
:001_wub:
It's a little lather monster and I love its handle shape and coloring.

It fits in well with all my other favorite shaving items. Before joining B&B I'd never have believed that shaving could be a pleasure (or that I could save so much money :lol1:).

For me, this month's new favorite thing is my Shavemac 20/46 Silvertip 2-Band brush:
View attachment 1351217 :001_wub:
It's a little lather monster and I love its handle shape and coloring.

It fits in well with all my other favorite shaving items. Before joining B&B I'd never have believed that shaving could be a pleasure (or that I could save so much money :lol1:).
I’ve seen numerous pictures of your brush at this point and I must say, it’s quite a looker! There are a lot of stunning photos of some really great equipment posted on B&B, but I think that brush just might take the cake.
Enjoy!! 💈🖖🏼💈

So, I just finished reading a post by John- @JCinPA where he mentioned his new, new favorite thing and I thought this concept might make for a fun thread. Many of us are always trying new things, so how about this thread where we post our current new thing. It can be a razor, a blade, a brush, a soap, an AS, or anything else shaving related that you feel like sharing.

For me, this month's new favorite thing is the Maxwell June twinned DE razor. It's let me reexplore all my DE blades, after being on an AC kick with my Occam's Razor for the last six months.

What's your new favorite thing?
Henson medium DE razor. It's an awesome shaver.

as a cyclocrosser I traveled and slept in a beast of a van, so when I found a full avon vantastic while antiquing on vacation I was pumped, I just wish it had the mural stickers would be even cooler, so when my partner was checkin it out when we got back and pulls out all the decals it immediately became my fav! also found a old type thick cap at the same store that looks like the handle cracked 80 years ago so the head just sat in immaculate shape waiting for me and my surplus of aftermarket handles to find it, will also be in heavy rotation now
van.jpg
dscf0175-jpg.1351638
DSCF0174.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF0176.JPG
    DSCF0176.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • DSCF0180.JPG
    DSCF0180.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 8
Top Bottom