What's new

Your Most Unpopular/Controversial Shaving Opinion(s)

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
You only need a 5€ brush, 2€ cream, 10€ razor, and 0.05€ blade to get bbs shave in 2 passes
Rest is just a waste of money...
Well, you don't need to buy a brush. Certainly there is some old scrub brush in the kitchen somewhere, or maybe an old shoeshine brush (do wash out the old polish).

Anyone who gets BBS with 2 passes has a considerably less manly beard than myself.

Of course that's just nonsense, but I thought that was where you were going. :facep:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I never get BBS, but I think it’s due to a lack of finesse and not an abundance of manliness.

Maybe it is, though?

After my shave, even my sink has whiskers. It’s like my manliness engulfs all around me.
Truth be told, I don't think a true BBS shave exists..... though I don't have a baby around to prove my case. If I had all my whiskers removed via laser, electrolysis or some other method, my face would still be rougher than a baby's bottom.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Truth be told, I don't think a true BBS shave exists..... though I don't have a baby around to prove my case. If I had all my whiskers removed via laser, electrolysis or some other method, my face would still be rougher than a baby's bottom.
After a particularly close shave and liberal application of Lilac Vegetal, I mentioned to my wife that my face felt as smooth as a baby's butt.
She replied that it smelled like one too.

Ah, my face is extremely smooth and soft. Definitely as soft as a baby’s bottom, if not softer than most babies. I guess it’s from a lifetime of avoiding the sun because of my translucent blue Scottish skin.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Ah, my face is extremely smooth and soft. Definitely as soft as a baby’s bottom, if not softer than most babies. I guess it’s from a lifetime of avoiding the sun because of my translucent blue Scottish skin.
I'm a mutt. I don't know much about my bio dad's DNA but suspect it's similar to my mother's family, from what I've been told: British, Scottish, Irish, French and German.

I don't like beer, wine, whiskey or tea... but I sure love a good margarita... not sure where that came from. <eg>

Yup. It's all about the prep and technique. Honestly, a guy should be able to get a great shave with a bar of Ivory soap. IMO, of course and no, I will not be the guinea pig for that experiment!

Screenshot_20220912-192812_eBay.jpg

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I don't understand the snobbery. Straight razor shaving isn't even all that difficult.
A very small number of people perpetuate that it is.
And to be fair, it takes practice to do it well in less time - but...
There will always be some individuals in the world that must be part of what they consider an "elite" group, to the point that a few will try to protect the elite nature of a group by discouraging others to try it.
I'm happy to say that virtually all of our straight razor shavers here are both welcoming and helpful.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

Unless the baby had some horrific diaper rash…. ;)

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Yep, it is a great community. For me, transitioning from DE to SR was mostly about following instructions. With the help and encouragement of some specific members here, I basically got a free "helicopter ride to the top" of the mountain.
There was a member here years ago. He doesn’t post anymore so I won’t mention his name, but the minute I showed interest in straight shaving on B&B, he PIF’d me my very first straight razor, along with offers of keeping it honed for free until I could learn to do it myself, along with making the time and effort to answer the many PM’s of questions and shaving advice. It doesn’t get any better than that, anywhere else in the entire world.

Top Bottom