What's new

Your most sophisticated smelling aftershave?

Thanks for all your picks. Quite a bit of agreement on DR Harris, Musgo, bay rums, and Alt Innsbruck. Keep 'em coming.

Tabac. It is reflective of my status as an over-educated, New York geezer.

Ditto, except without the geezer part. I get a lot of compliments when I splash on Tabac, even from my students (15-16 year-olds addicted to Axe body spray. Hm. Worded that way, doesn't sound like the most ringing endorsement.).

I also managed to get my hands on some Crown Imperial AS and EDT before they vanished. I love that stuff, but don't hit it as often as I'd like to because I won't be able to get more. Crown Imperial smells, to me (as politically incorrect as I recognize the thought to be), like what a Sahib should be wearing as he reads the The Bombay Herald and drinks his eleven o'clock gin and tonic on a patio of the Gymkhana.

Since DR Harris has already been mentioned I'll throw another into the mix - Speick???

I like the fragrance and I certainly don't think it is cheap or sickly sweet smelling (which is why I wouldn't put Clubman in the category of sophisticated) however the downside to Speick is the non-existent dry down! :thumbdown

Same here. Musgo Real. But watered down with 50% witch hazel. 100% strenght just leaves my face t0o tacky and the scent is a bit overpowering.

Alt Innsbruck would be a good choice too. Its floral, but in a manly sense. Strong green tobacco scent to it as well.

Royall Muske and Paul Sebastian. You know your the best smelling dude in ANY packed room if you're sporting either one of these!

While I agree the Musgo, Alt Inssbruck, and Tabac are certainly classic(I own and use them all) and in their own very special ways sophisticated, I must add my agreement to the chap who suggested Knize Ten. And I am only speaking to the aftershave. It is slightly different to the edt and superior in my opinion. It is right there with Floris #89 as all time classy.

Cheers, Todd

Top Bottom