What's new

Your Most "Meh" Aftershave

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Lucky Tiger "Bay Rum" stinks, in my opinion.

NOT a BR, and has weird chemical smell and tongue-numbing capillary action. Creepy; mine's probably been poisoned.

Need to pour it on an anthill and see.

AA

Dollar Tree green. Not sure what it is a copy of. It was worst than meh as it prevented me from using much the better A/S in my collection, at least for a while until I finally stopped. Aqua Velva is a much better bargain IMO at approximately 3-4 times the cost.

Aqua Velva Ice Blue for me. The scent seems too powdery, ala grandma type bath powder. Then when I put it on I swear it smells skunky to me. Old Spice is a close second. I am loving Pinaud whiskey woods now though! :)

I wouldn't buy almost everything listed so far. The most "meh" aftershave I currently own is probably Proraso green. Performance is OK but the scent is nothing to write home about. I bought 3 bottles when I found them on clearance at Marshall's for less than $10 each. I don't dislike it but I won't be replacing it when it's gone.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Thayer's Cucumber. It does a fine job on my skin, and it does not offend, but the scent otherwise does almost nothing for me. It was fine enough to finish off the bottle over time, but that was enough.

Whenever one starts to get old, I put it away and end up craving it in a little while.... Ogallala bay rum is pretty close to meh for me now.

Pinaud Clubman for me. It brings back memories of getting haircuts as a kid but I find myself reaching for my other AS most of the time.
Fine American Blend .....mmmmmmmmm

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
We're talking about a part of the world where the customs agents are extremely narrow minded. They see "aftershave" and they automatically think alcohol is in the product.
I would think that an alcohol-free aftershave would not have any indication on the outside of the box or on the "description of items" form, since there is not alcohol.

I would think that an alcohol-free aftershave would not have any indication on the outside of the box or on the "description of items" form, since there is not alcohol.
If it says "Post-Shave" it goes right through. Aftershave, stopped and turned around immediately.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
If it says "Post-Shave" it goes right through. Aftershave, stopped and turned around immediately.
I sent a bottle of honey to a friend In New Zealand. It was confiscated by customs and he received a nasty letter telling him to order more honey so they could have it on their toast in the breakroom.

Top Bottom