What's new

Your Most Efficient Razor?

Wolfman WR2 Ti155SB
Wolfman WR2 SS145SB
Wolfman WR2 Ti135SB
Wolfman WR1 Ti94SB

I've got a 94OC head inbound. Will see where it lands but I don't think it will make Top 3.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Tried the RR JAWS and the Blackbird. Definitely consider them to be very efficient and would add them to my list:

Blackbird
FaTip Piccolo SE OC
Gillette Old Type, 102 Thin Cap
Muhle R41
RR GC JAWS and .84 OC

The Blackbird is incredibly efficient and still very comfortable, given that you use it correctly.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Gillette Guard. For real. 2 passes in about 10 minutes and done. Clean close shave.

For me I would say it’s the Maggard V3 with a blade like the Gillette Yellow or a Rapira PL. Those cut the stubble down rather quickly. Any razor/blade combo works for me. I usually get a bbs shave anyways so all of my shaves are close.. Haven’t used the V3 lately, been enjoying easy shaves with my Techs.

Hard to believe I'm only the second slant man here.. Merkur 37c and Astra SP, Feather, or Med Prep, two passes and touchup, BBS in less than 15 minutes from wetting the brush to splashing on the Speick. I like that it's not overly sensitive to blade angle, making it much easier to work around the jawline

My Yuma, especially the way I use it. I don't tighten it down very much, so the blade is much less clamped/bent and the blade gap is much wider. Basically it's just pure blade. The reason I do this is because basically I just use this razor for shaving the back of my neck and back, which I do once a week. Since I can't really see what I'm doing, it's basically just a one pass deal that I want to be as effective as possible, plus the massive blade gap easily let's week-long hair through.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
On heavy growth, my one open comb ploughs through the fastest, but that aside, all four of my DE razors take roughly the same amount of work/passes to get to the same result.

Old type clone, or some other production?
Effectiness same as r41, but without skin rash...
IMG_20200506_155723.jpg
IMG_20200506_155935.jpg

Top Bottom