Your Most Efficient Razor?

Discussion in 'Double Edged Razors' started by Steve_in_CT, Sep 12, 2019.

What razor, DE or SE (but not straight) is your most efficient? And by efficient I simply mean what razor gives you the closest shave with your normal (1, 2, 3 or 4 pass shave)?

1. The Blackland Vector with a Feather Super Pro blade. Quite an aggressive combination, but very efficient and not at all hard to handle. BBS with two passes and minor touch-up.

2. Pepin

Pepin Ambassador

Gillette Old Type.

3. Raven Koenes

Raven Koenes Contributor

Fatip OC and Gillette Old Type.

4. R41 with upgraded handle - step up from the above in efficiency. I also have a Karve OC E plate which is pretty efficient with a Nacet, in the same ballpark.

5. R41, but not the most comfortable one, for me.

6. Not in my hands yet....but a Wolfman WR2 SB with 1.45mm blade gap.

7. Raven Koenes

Raven Koenes Contributor

My r41 is very efficient. I took off points for comfort. That's just me. What handle did you upgrade too?

8. Wolfman WR1 just ticks all my boxes! :a29:

9. REV579

REV579 Contributor

Name a razor more efficient and effective than a Old Type, 102 thin cap, and you might have your answer. Personally, I believe the 102 wins, hands down.

10. Charcoal Goods Level 3 OC
    Muhle R41 (2013)

11. Ron R

Ron R Contributor

DE razor it would be Gillette NEW long comb or Razorock German 37 slant razor. They Always hits my sweet spot CCS,DFS,BBS range I like.
    SE razor it would be a Schick E2 injector or a GEM 1912 they always hits my sweet spot also with good blade life on either one with Gem winning for cost per shave with the GEM Personna SS PTFE Blade.(I'm testing the Personna injector coated blade also and it is very similar to the GEM blade)
    These razors might not be best choice for daily shaving if that is your needs!

Have some great shaves!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  12. Hannah's Dad

Hannah's Dad Contributor

Toss-up between my Blackland Blackbird and my Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB. The only difference is the amount of blade feel.

13. My most efficient razors are the Blackland Blackbird and the Muhle Rocca.

14. R41. Upgraded mine, too, with an s/s handle from WCS.

15. Timeless Bronze OC

16. SE2
    Ikon Tech

17. I made four identical aluminium handles with brass inserts. 89x16mm and 61g. Really like the feel and balance.

AJ Alu.jpg

18. Raven Koenes

Raven Koenes Contributor

Wow! That is so cool. Thank you for sharing!

19. Right now with 6 shaves on it is my new Karve brass SB with C plate. Followed closely by my other new razor the GC .84. Excellent razors for me. Very happy with my purchase.