What's new

Your most awkward moment

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Had the same thing happen.....
I was substitute teaching at a middle school once and during one of the periods, I had a student who had long curly hair with neon colored bracelets on. I passed out some worksheets and told one of the students to pass the paper back to her. Everyone, just stopped for a second and starting laughing. The student I was referring to was male and laughed along with everyone else. I apologized to him and he said, "It's okay. I get it all the time."

Quite possibly this was a transgendered individual, in which case your gender confusion might have actually been taken as a compliment. (We have a lot of gender nonconformists here in New Orleans.) If the male student was really bothered by being mistaken for female, he probably would wear a different hairstyle and ditch the neon bracelets.

About 20 years ago, a tipsy but attractive young lady I met at a party followed me out to my truck, where I had a cooler full of beer. We had us a couple and we were getting quite cozy and comfortable with one another, when her parents came, yanked the door open, glared at me, snatched her out of my truck, and the mother said, "I hope someday YOU have to go hunting for YOUR 16 year old daughter and find her swapping body fluids with some drunken sleazebag redneck in a pickup truck!"

Oops... she sure looked older than that!

Went to a carnival.
Saw a friend I had not seen in a year to two.
Saw he had a shaved head.
Me: "you going for that cancer look bro?"
Him: "umfortunately I have cancer and am in chemo"

I felt like the biggest piece of crap in the world. Given this was 10-12 yrs ago, I still shudder thinking about it.

I think my most awkward was last fall, more strange than awkward really. I was in Lowe's to pick up a few things and stopped to talk to a fellow that worked there about pipe fittings, guy looked to be around 55-60 or so. We are standing there talking and the dude just rips a loud one right in front of me, never misses a beat on what he is saying, doesn't even flinch or acknowledge anything happened. So here I am trying to ignore it and he rips another one, a bit louder and longer and this time not only in front of me but a guy just passing by, again the employee just keeps on chatting like nothing happened, another 15 seconds or so goes by and he rips another one. At this point my eyes were starting to water because I could barely contain myself from cracking up over how ludicrous the situation was, we finally wrap up our conversation and he walks off to help another guy down the aisle, never once indicating anything out of the ordinary happened.

Legion

Staff member
I was having a drink with my buddy and my (rather jealous) girlfriend at the time. He went to ask her a question and called her my previous girlfriends name. She coldly corrected him, and you want to know what his smooth cover up was?

"Sorry, I have trouble keeping up with all David's girl friends."

I could have punched him in the face.

Legion

Staff member
Oh, another. I was working in a retail store. One day I was serving a costumer, a young lady who happened to be a dwarf. I was just chatting to her, showing her some products, when my co-worker walked in and saw us from the back. He waked right up and patted the lady on the head, saying "hey, who's you new little friend?" He thought she was a small child.

Favorite one I heard - thankfully not something I did personally! - was a guy who was out shopping with his girlfriend. She went off to look at one section of the shop, he went to another section, came back to the area where she was shopping, snuck up behind her and gave her a big hug.

Wrong person...

Favorite one I heard - thankfully not something I did personally! - was a guy who was out shopping with his girlfriend. She went off to look at one section of the shop, he went to another section, came back to the area where she was shopping, snuck up behind her and gave her a big hug.

Wrong person...

I was standing looking at some stuff at a Lowe's when a lady came up from behind and said "honey did you check out the mini blinds?". I turned around, and she turned red. She thought I was her husband. I broke her discomfort by smiling and replying: "your husband is a lucky man, I wish you were mine." :wink2:

Quite possibly this was a transgendered individual, in which case your gender confusion might have actually been taken as a compliment. (We have a lot of gender nonconformists here in New Orleans.) If the male student was really bothered by being mistaken for female, he probably would wear a different hairstyle and ditch the neon bracelets.

About 20 years ago, a tipsy but attractive young lady I met at a party followed me out to my truck, where I had a cooler full of beer. We had us a couple and we were getting quite cozy and comfortable with one another, when her parents came, yanked the door open, glared at me, snatched her out of my truck, and the mother said, "I hope someday YOU have to go hunting for YOUR 16 year old daughter and find her swapping body fluids with some drunken sleazebag redneck in a pickup truck!"

Oops... she sure looked older than that!

I always assumed the age of consent in the USA was 18, but here in Ohio, the age of consent is 16. Still it'd be creepy of a man to date a 16 year old, but there are families that allow their 16 year old daughters to date older men. It's kind of a sticky legal situation, because a girl under 18 is still controlled by her parents, so even though you can date and marry a 16 year old, her parents can whisk her away at any moment. In a lot of European countries, the age of consent is 14/15, but the mates have to be within 3 years age difference usually.

About half the US states have age of consents at 16, and the other half it's either 17 or 18.

I always assumed the age of consent in the USA was 18, but here in Ohio, the age of consent is 16. Still it'd be creepy of a man to date a 16 year old, but there are families that allow their 16 year old daughters to date older men. It's kind of a sticky legal situation, because a girl under 18 is still controlled by her parents, so even though you can date and marry a 16 year old, her parents can whisk her away at any moment. In a lot of European countries, the age of consent is 14/15, but the mates have to be within 3 years age difference usually.

About half the US states have age of consents at 16, and the other half it's either 17 or 18.

That's kinda beside the point of his story.....

Back in high school, I was in some sort of basic computer class. I was walking past a PC that some kids were doing something with Photoshop on, and saw a picture of a severe-looking woman with a short haircut. Being young and stupid, I made some crack about the "drag queen." Both guys go totally silent, and the one goes "Dude, that's my mom."
I was never able to so much as look that guy in the eye ever again...

Top Bottom