What's new

Your Morning Mug

Shade Grown Espresso Blend (Trader Joes)

mmmmm...with a 1/4 filled #2 filter filled..splash of half/half Vanilla flavored creamer

Attachments

• $Shade Grown Espresso Blend (Trader Joes).jpg
    $Shade Grown Espresso Blend (Trader Joes).jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 111
Probably asking about the Counter Culture subscription, where SO = Single Origin, as opposed to some kind of blend. What a nice treat to get a different coffee each time!

Probably asking about the Counter Culture subscription, where SO = Single Origin, as opposed to some kind of blend. What a nice treat to get a different coffee each time!

Ah. Sorry. YOu begin to take things like acronyms and abbreviations for granted after a while.

House Blend from Stumptown Coffee, roasted 4/28. Technivorm Moccamaster, dash of raw sugar and a splash of organic half & half.

Colombian Narino Taminango that I roasted to Full City. I found the body on this to be rather thin, but since I've just roasted this on Saturday afternoon, I'm hoping that may improve in a day or two.

Guatemala Finca Candelaria that I roasted to City+ 3 days ago. I should have taken this to Full City, but even at City+ it is very good. I will have a second mug as soon as I get ready for work.

Counter Culture Farmhouse - Aeropress.

Cup 1 - For LOTH:
Inverted​
16gm Coffee
245gm Water - 95º C
82 Seconds Pour, stir, steep
Flip - 8 second push

Went a little longer than intended on the steep. Had to push fast. The taste in the cup was ok, but I was a little short on the water (needed 256gm for a 1:16 ratio), as it was a little stronger than I was hoping. Added a few mL of hot water and the taste evened out. Thick mouthfeel.

Cup 2 - por moi:
Standard
16g Coffee
256gm Water - 95º C
70 Seconds pour, stir, steep
20 Second push

Much more balanced cup. Mouthfeel was perfect. Even taste - not sour, not bitter. Pretty much, an EXCELLENT cup of coffee.

This morning:

A wet-process heirloom varietal coffee from Woreda Kochere in Ethiopia, brewed in a press. strawberry, citrus, floral, creamy body.

This morning:

A wet-process heirloom varietal coffee from Woreda Kochere in Ethiopia, brewed in a press. strawberry, citrus, floral, creamy body.

sounds wonderful. It's odd, I'm not a big fan of fruit bombs but when I read a description like you just wrote, I'm oddly compelled to try it.

-jim

A cuppa Royal Tajiri orthodox Kenyan tea. Tea from Kenya has come into its own in recent years. Most of it is CTC (cut/tear/curl), but some orthodox manufacture. They took assamica varietals from India a 100 years ago and planted them in Kenya. The loamy, volcanic soil and higher elevation makes for good growing conditions. Tea magazine had a feature article on them this month. Royal Tajiri rivals the Indian assam teas, in my opinion. Phoenix Teashop, where I've gotten my Kenyan tea, carries a good selection. I also like 'Grandpa's' Kenya tea as an everyday tea.

1st cup of coffee I've had this week. The kitchen's been tore up while painting. Finally finished last night, and the first thing I set back up, of course, was the brew station.

Counter Culture - Farmhouse blend
Chemex
18 g coffee
288 g water@ ~198F
3:30 drawdown.

Yum.

Today I am trying Ethiopia Organic Suke Quto that I roasted yesterday to City +, brewed in my Melita pour over. I really should have let it degas another day, but it is quite tasty. I am not yet awake enough to wax eloquent about the charms of this coffee, but it is hitting the spot and right now that is all that matters.

In the Kone

Taiwan, Kaduvoo Farm, Pintung K-Typica, City Roast
30gm coffee/ 14oz. water

This coffee really sings at these lighter roast levels. Totally digging it.

Ethiopian Yirga Cheffe roasted to full city. The next time I will roast it slightly lighter to tone down the chocolate notes to bring the fruity flavors a little more forward. But still, a very nice cup.

Top Bottom