What's new

Your Morning Mug

[the idea is for everyone to share their morning's cup, be it coffee, tea, tizane, or some other brewable imibable traditional morning beverage.]

Today in my Morning Mug was a lovely cup of coffee from Finca San Luis in the Alajuela region of Costa Rica. My second mug is filled with the ever-popular coffee from the Finca Santa Clara on Volcan de Agua in the Antigua region of Guatemala. Fruit juicy, medium body, lovely malic acidity.

What's in yours?

Last edited by a moderator:
Starbucks XL Bold Roast (Costco buy)
mug says it all!
Coffee-Mate Hazelnut regular creamer

Attachments

• $0425121050.jpg
    $0425121050.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,007
Last edited:
Mike Oro espresso beans. Two shots from my Saeco and topped up with hot water. Black. Not bad, but a little too mild. I'm looking forward to finishing my current stash so I can explore some new beans.

Rwanda Bufcafe from Verve Coffee Roasters brewed in a Hario Woodneck. Drank it black in a Le Creuset mug. Awesome cup.

A new washed Sidamo from Keffa Coffee. One of the cleanest coffees from Ethiopia I've seen in a long time.

Today I had Kenyan AA from a local roaster. I've only been exploring the coffee world beyond DD for a year now but I have never met a Kenyan coffee I didn't like.

You guys have it good. My typical workday starts with coffee supplied by Canteen food service. Brewed from a pre-packaged, pre-ground 8-10 cup pot sized vacuum/CO2 packed bag. Their Colombian coffee is drinkable when freshly brewed, but I avoid the French Roast which can only be drank under a layer of cream. So I really appreciate the weekend or an occasional work from home day or one cup before heading into the workplace.
proxy.php

You guys have it good. My typical workday starts with coffee supplied by Canteen food service. Brewed from a pre-packaged, pre-ground 8-10 cup pot sized vacuum/CO2 packed bag. Their Colombian coffee is drinkable when freshly brewed, but I avoid the French Roast which can only be drank under a layer of cream. So I really appreciate the weekend or an occasional work from home day or one cup before heading into the workplace.
proxy.php

Dear Lord, someone help this man. I'm in NC - perhaps that burden falls to me. Should I start a telethon?

Today was a white mug with black flowers on it...they came with our dishes...haha...

in it was a Columbian Seville Supremo roasted by me, to a Full City...brewed in my brand new Espro Press from the Kickstarter project...pretty clean cup, but not sure if I underdosed the coffee, or somehow goofed up the roast, tasted a little bland...perhaps it's just the age of the bean, I have had them a while...I'm pushing 15 months I bet...I'll try a pour over or aeropresso later.

Lttp today (but give me a break, I'm moving!). This morning's mug was to-go on my way to pick up the moving truck. Paez Indigenous Reserve - Dept. de META, Colombia. Wonderful cup. Pressed.

Japanese method iced pressed Kochere this afternoon for us and our helpers. This coffee is wonderful over ice.

Some home-roasted Indonesian Flores taken to a City+. Brewed it up in the Technivorm to keep some hot in the thermal carafe for the wife since I was up at O'dark-thirty for work today. It was a syrupy, earthy punch in the face of flavor that provided me with the comfort I require so early on a Saturday morning.

Ethiopia Limu Jimma - Alaga Sekala, roasted to City+ tops in the Behmor and poured over (Bonmac). Somewhat tart Jasmine (not unpleasantly so) right off the top, with peach - sweetens as it cools. Should try this in the vac pot...

This afternoon, Costa Rica Las Lajas Sundried Natural. It's inconsistent, between City and Full City (in the Poppery), but it was a cheap lot from an origin not exactly known for that processing method. Picked this up from a local roaster who calls City+ "painfully light" roast...

Top Bottom