What's new

Your Least Favorite Scented Soap(s)

I’ve become somewhat of an expert croap maker to use up and hide 😶‍🌫️ offensive scents. The blends lather great, but a couple of the scents are still very overpowering. None of my neighbors will let me wash their pets to use up this stuff, so I might try to wash a few strays to do a good deed this week.
Too funny!! I’m thinking barn cats and chickens, perhaps I could wash a car or two!!

Too funny!! I’m thinking barn cats and chickens, perhaps I could wash a car or two!!
I just found my welders gloves, so barn cats watch out. The combo scent of TOBS sandalwood and RE Peachy Klean will run mice and possums out of the barns before they even see the cats .😂

TOBS Sandalwood smells nothing like sandalwood, so don’t feel bad.

It’s a cinnamon, rose, and musk bomb of epic proportions. I use it and like it once in a while, but why TOBS chose to call it Sandalwood is beyond me.

I like Eton College and Cedarwood a lot. If you have not tried Eton I’d go for it. The Grapefruit is amazing too but it becomes more rose than grapefruit when lathered up!
I know it's hard to describe scents but what can you compare Eton College to (scentwise)?

I know it's hard to describe scents but what can you compare Eton College to (scentwise)?

It’s a pretty unique scent and no other shave lather I’ve ever smelled smells anything like it. It’s a very fresh orange and lemon peel blended expertly with patchouli, musk, and some wood I cannot discern. It reminds me a lot of Jovan Musk cologne, with the fruits being louder and more front and center than the rest. Now that it’s warmed up where I live it all I’ve been using for a while. Very fresh and clean!

My two favorite scents from TOBS are Cedarwood and Eton College.

For me, anything with almond as the top note. Personally I love eating almonds, but for some reason I have never found an almond based soap that I like
I'd have to agree with this one. I wanted to try Cella but decided to try Razorock's Italian barber because it was on sale. Same scent!
Can't stand the smell. It felt like I was lathering a dessert onto my face, Lol!!

It’s a pretty unique scent and no other shave lather I’ve ever smelled smells anything like it. It’s a very fresh orange and lemon peel blended expertly with patchouli, musk, and some wood I cannot discern. It reminds me a lot of Jovan Musk cologne, with the fruits being louder and more front and center than the rest. Now that it’s warmed up where I live it all I’ve been using for a while. Very fresh and clean!

My two favorite scents from TOBS are Cedarwood and Eton College.
Cool!
I love the smell of Jovan musk. So I'll probably like it. TOBS Cedarwood and Proraso red are my favorites. I'm gonna buy the Eton College when I'm running out of Cedarwood. Unfortunately I just ordered 3 tubs, Lol!!

Cool!
I love the smell of Jovan musk. So I'll probably like it. TOBS Cedarwood and Proraso red are my favorites. I'm gonna buy the Eton College when I'm running out of Cedarwood. Unfortunately I just ordered 3 tubs, Lol!!
I bought a sampler pack of TOBS soaps from Amazon that were fulfilled by West Coast Shaving so that I could try out a scent to see how I would like it. There were some scents I thought I would like but didn't and others I thought I wouldn't like but I actually did. TOBS soaps/creams a bit pricey so the better your nose knows the more of an informed purchase you'll make.

I bought a sampler pack of TOBS soaps from Amazon that were fulfilled by West Coast Shaving so that I could try out a scent to see how I would like it. There were some scents I thought I would like but didn't and others I thought I wouldn't like but I actually did. TOBS soaps/creams a bit pricey so the better your nose knows the more of an informed purchase you'll make.
I like straight basic scents like sandalwood, lavender, cedarwood etc..
I thought about getting a sampler but knew that I would end up only liking a select few. So I'd have to individually try those that fall within that scent profile that I like. I'm gonna give Eton College, lavender and Mr. Taylor a shot and hopefully I like them. Those are the ones that seem to fit what I "supposedly" like.

I haven’t tried tons of soaps, and do my best to choose carefully. By virtue of having samples available my 2 worst are Stirling soaps…but I have some Stirling I quite like as well so no hate here.

Stirling Coniferous (I really like the bar soap but the shave soap sample was straight up “throwing pine boughs on a camp fire”)
and Sterling Margaritas In The Arctic (3-star hotel bathroom urinal puck).

Arko I’m fine with. Here in Canada at least we have a laundry soap powder called Sunlight that’s been around forever and that’s exactly what Arko smells like…so for me it’s nostalgic, fresh, clean laundry smell.

And Tabac, after some consideration, I just feel is a kind of bitter, rather than sweet or powdery Barbershop type scent in my books. I like it. Reminds me of Chiseled Faces Ghost Town Barber

I haven’t tried tons of soaps, and do my best to choose carefully. By virtue of having samples available my 2 worst are Stirling soaps…but I have some Stirling I quite like as well so no hate here.

Stirling Coniferous (I really like the bar soap but the shave soap sample was straight up “throwing pine boughs on a camp fire”)
and Sterling Margaritas In The Arctic (3-star hotel bathroom urinal puck).

Arko I’m fine with. Here in Canada at least we have a laundry soap powder called Sunlight that’s been around forever and that’s exactly what Arko smells like…so for me it’s nostalgic, fresh, clean laundry smell.

And Tabac, after some consideration, I just feel is a kind of bitter, rather than sweet or powdery Barbershop type scent in my books. I like it. Reminds me of Chiseled Faces Ghost Town Barber
I almost pulled the trigger on Margaritas in the Arctic…thanks for the heads up. I am also not a fan of anything pine; I’ll leave that scent for cleaning products.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Derby shave stick was truly repulsive and nauseating with Arko trailing not far behind.
I trust your opinion my friend! You know I love Arko, but I have not yet pulled the trigger on Derby... I might just do it anyway, but that lovely War Department holds the key to the PayPal account here and I fear her more than all y'all know!

Last edited:

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I’ve become somewhat of an expert croap maker to use up and hide 😶‍🌫️ offensive scents. The blends lather great, but a couple of the scents are still very overpowering. None of my neighbors will let me wash their pets to use up this stuff, so I might try to wash a few strays to do a good deed this week.

Something like this?

CDA80418-1CFF-4498-BC91-4A5FFABFB51D.jpeg

Top Bottom