What's new

Your LEAST favorite cocktail ? (out of fairly popular ones)

Manhattans. Disgusting. And most things involving mixers. I want my liquor to burn and taste like it does out of the bottle. Exceptions include rum or vodka with ginger beer and lime when it's hot as hell out.

Manhattans are quite disgusting. Generally, anything with sweet vermouth is disgusting, as is any overly sweet drink. (I don't mind sweet drinks in general, but there is a difference between mildly sweet and nauseatingly sweet.)

Anything with cheap gin. Gin is only drinkable when you reach for the top shelf stuff.

Most drinks that have flavored vodka as main ingredient are disgusting. That crap comes in all sorts of horrible flavors, such as birthday cake, toasted marshmallow, or rainbow sherbet. Ironically, I do enjoy vanilla vodka, though it has to be one like Smirnoff, that is just natural vanilla without added sweetness.

Anything with a carbonated liquid in it. I cannot stand rum and coke, even if I enjoy each ingredient by itself. Gin and tonic, moscow mule, etc. are undrinkable. In a similar vein, I enjoy a virgin bloody mary, but something about the addition of vodka makes it unbearably bitter. I guess I don't care for long drinks.

I enjoy margaritas, but some times they are unbearably salty. That's no fun at all.

For the record, I am in fact no fun at parties.

For the record, I am in fact no fun at parties.
Haha! I've got most of the same preferences so reckon its gotta be them, not you. You just maintain good standards :cornut:.

An often useful strategy is to bring decent quality booze and ingredients, if it's the kind of party that'll have ingredients. Then inspire and corrupt anyone pouring or clutching weak drinks. "You really like those Bahama Breezes huh? Mmmhmm, yeah woohoo, here try this one with fresh pineapple juice (80% hooch/20% juice). They might not remember why, but will build a shrine in your likeness next to the grill or fire pit.

Last edited:
Not keen on a Negroni myself either: it's the Campari I don't like. Which is strange as I usually like drinks with bitters, there is just something indefinable about this one.

Top Bottom