What's new

Your LEAST favorite cocktail ? (out of fairly popular ones)

Everyone has a list of their most favorite drinks. How about the least favorite, assuming we are talking commonly offered and generally popular cocktails.

For me, it's got to be the White Russian. I can't stand sweet syrupy liquor, or any sweet alcohol period (I like slightly sweet whiskeys or some cocktails with sweet Vermouth, like Manhattan, but that's about as far as I can go; no Bailey or Kahlua or anything of that nature).

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Cloying, frozen margaritas, especially if made from kiwi, mango, strawberry, peach, banana, cotton candy, fairy dust, vampire glitter, unicorn poop, or any combination thereof.

Substitute "daiquiris" for "margaritas," and I feel the same.

I'll give you two: Moscow Mule and Jager Bomb. In a perfect world they would fight each other for the title Worst Ever, and they would both die.

Cement Mixer. A combo of Bailey's and lemon juice. It begins to curdle in your mouth and gives a terrible after taste.

Any drink made with crappy tequila. Any drink made with whatever that never goes bad lemon flavoring bars sometimes use rather than real citrus . Have not been pleased with most mixed drinks that include Mezcal, but there must be something out there that works, as I like Mezcal on its own fine, unless it is really cheap Mezcal. I like amaros, but have not been a fan of including amaro in mixed drinks. Again, there must be a good drink out there made with amaro. Not a big fan of drinks made with Scotch. Rusty Nails are fine, but that should not count, as Drambuie is Scotch-based to begin with.

Otherwise I seem to like most drinks.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Again, there must be a good drink out there made with amaro.

I thought I recalled you enjoying a Negroni from time to time. I know that some argue that Campari is not a true "amaro" because it's typically consumed as an aperitif, but I don't quite get that.

Not a big fan of drinks made with Scotch.

Have you tried a Rob Roy? Essentially, that's a Manhattan where the bourbon or rye is replaced with Scotch. A nice change of pace.

I apologize if you've already commented on the above. It's sometimes tough to keep track of who says what around here. :a54:

Anything as there is enough of it to get the job done.

proxy.php

I thought I recalled you enjoying a Negroni from time to time. I know that some argue that Campari is not a true "amaro" because it's typically consumed as an aperitif, but I don't quite get that.

Have you tried a Rob Roy? Essentially, that's a Manhattan where the bourbon or rye is replaced with Scotch. A nice change of pace.

I apologize if you've already commented on the above. It's sometimes tough to keep track of who says what around here. :a54:

Good comments and memory as usual, TexLaw. I think of amaros as always having a licorice or cough syrup-like component and almost always being dark in color. To me, Campari is bitter without those darker notes. I sure do enjoy a Negroni from time to time. A truly fine mixed drink.

<Have you tried a Rob Roy?>

Yeah, and I do not love it. My general feeling is I would just as soon drink straight Scotch. I admit I have not tried a Penicillin. Sounds like it might work. I have not actually tried a Blood and Sand, but I am not "feeling" that one!

Top Bottom