What's new

Your happy holiday soap choices

What soaps are you choosing to associate with your holidays?

AA
I bought these for the Fall and holidays.
6B661084-B625-4F83-94B4-68C4080B97DA.jpeg
88270944-B563-4756-A6AB-D095B3173261.jpeg
B8000403-0A78-47F4-99B3-9A48D12CADAD.jpeg

discontinued Barrister & Mann - Latha Taiga. I've been waiting patiently over 6 months to use my sample of B & M Taiga, it's perfect for Christmas time. So piney and christmas tree'ey, it's like they made the big green holiday evergreen scented Yankee Candle into a shave soap. And the lather was so luxurious, shiny, thick, gooey, and slick. :D:santa:

Proraso - Wood & Spice is also great for the holidays and wintertime. it gives you a very cozy, warm, and church'y feeling.

I really like the B&M Nocturne. My wife likes it as well but she doesn't pick up any apple scent.

The Stirling Christmas Eve is pretty great too and my wife likes it on my face post shave but doesn't care for it in the tub.

A wassil? scent sounds interesting but I haven't picked any up yet.

I'm intrigued by Mystic Waters Gingered Cranberry Pear. Might have to add this to the mix for Christmas. Just sceptical it'll be holiday enough. My current 'holiday' scent is Siliski's Santa's Pipe (with Some Bay Vanilla mixed in). It doesn't scream holiday, persay, just a great cold weather fragrance. Also got some Twice Mint from Sudsy Soapery (I think). Awesome winter scent, albeit (again) not holiday specific.

My lineup will definitely get better over the years. [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

There are a few that I really enjoy using this time of year.

Stirling Coniferous, Ozark Mountain and Scots Pine Sheep. All very woodsy and Christmas tree like.

Holy Black Mountain Man. Smells like Christmas eve in a cabin with the smell of the tree and roaring fire.
Holy Black Sandalwood Smoke. Deep, rich scent that pairs perfectly with a chilly day.

B&M Lavanille. Not really Holiday-ish, but the scent is full on wintery for me (I can't see using Lavanille on a scorching July day!)
I still need to pick up Vespers.

Mama Bears Welcome Home. Has a real nice apple cider and evergreen notes, which always remind me of the holiday. Lots of time spent by the fire drinking hot apple cider.

Mama Bears Welcome Home. Has a real nice apple cider and evergreen notes, which always remind me of the holiday. Lots of time spent by the fire drinking hot apple cider.
That sounds good. I went to look for it and Google was "helpful" enough to show me a real deal... Lol.
proxy.php

Yep, I found their website quick enough. It was funny seeing that first, front and center, on Google. Lol.

I'm actually quite intrigued by their Sleigh Ride scent. Hmm.

The two I go to to evoke the holidays are Stirling Christmas Eve and Strop Shoppe Pomegranate Cider. Both produce a great shave too. Strop Shoppe is a great soap and sadly is no more, but I still have my little tub of spiced cider.

Right now the food is getting sweeter - chocolate creeping in - plus the port comes out. All very rich.

So I'm going right against the grain and choosing the greenest, driest, cleanest and freshest soaps I can, so as to get some relief from the sweetness and richness assaulting my palette.

SV Dolomiti
SV Felce
Fitjar Folgefonn
T&H 1805
GD Yuzu
GD Neroli
GD Magnolia
Wickhams 1912 Scottish Heather
Eufros Tierra Humeda

Ad Astra

The Instigator
CB 322 has become my 'go to' soap for holidays. The occult significense makes this a great choice for any holiday.

THAT made me curious, found it: Caties Bubbles 322 ... "322: Secret societies definitely have skeletons in their closets. This scent is a tribute to one of the most secretive. Come find out what almost two centuries of secrecy smells like. With a blend of Haitian Vetiver and Patchouli essential oils combined with the absolutes of oakmoss and black currant I think I’ve figured it out."

Interesting ...

AA

I'll do a plus one on B&M Nocturne--just a great mulled cider scent with subtle smokey notes. Also, Tallow & Steel had a beautiful looking limited edition Merry which is now sold out. I'd like to hear from those who purchased this:
"...a tribute to our favourite smells of Christmas: sweet candy, holiday fruits, and spicy rose, with candy canes, a cup of peppermint hot chocolate and a touch of soft woods."
Vanilla Extract (52%) | Orange (20%) | Rose Absolute (17%) | Peppermint (7%) | Cocoa Absolute (2%) | Amyris (2%) | 100% Essential Oils and Natural Extracts

Top Bottom