What's new

Your happy holiday soap choices

I have two soaps on the way from Stone Cottage Soapworks, Frankincense Fog and Spiced Myrrh. With the gold birth year Gillette Tech I just bought from a fellow B&Ber, it seemed like a good combination for my wife to gift me for Christmas.

Greg

My wife came home with a candle, balsam & cedar scented and I thought that would be a great scent for a shave soap, especially around the holidays. A search turned up Mike's Pine & Cedar shave soap. Tried it last night and I love it. It is like brushing your face with a Christmas tree bough. The aroma is just as you'd expect, pine & cedar and it has just the right amount of face warmth for me.

Wild West Shaving Christmas 2017 absolutely nails it. Great performance as well. CRSW Winter on the way. Looking forward to it with the positive reviews of the scent.

Another vote for Stirling Christmas Eve. But I also really like B&M First Snow which reminds me of brisk days in the mountains. Maybe not entirely holiday... But gets me in the festive winter spirit.

B&M Vespers is definitely a permanent part of the holiday rotation now. It will be added to B&M Taiga and Stirling Ozark Mountain.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Awesome! Please keep us updated on how it smells, how it shaves, and the post shave feel / lingering smell? [emoji846]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Agree; I'm curious - others have reviewed Vanyulay "Soap of the Gods" favorably, but I've haven't tried one before.

B&M Vespers and Stirling's piny soaps are doing a Christmassy job so far!

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Awesome! Please keep us updated on how it smells, how it shaves, and the post shave feel / lingering smell? [emoji846]

full

Gingerbread is great! The SotG base works well. Not sure what maker it reminds me of, but it lathers very well and the scent is good for a smile. So is the cookie-style presentation! Love it. Gave a great shave.

They threw in a sample of a lime soap, and a coupon as well - possibly because shipping was delayed one day due to snow! So, nice folks too.

AS

I'll do a plus one on B&M Nocturne--just a great mulled cider scent with subtle smokey notes. Also, Tallow & Steel had a beautiful looking limited edition Merry which is now sold out. I'd like to hear from those who purchased this:
"...a tribute to our favourite smells of Christmas: sweet candy, holiday fruits, and spicy rose, with candy canes, a cup of peppermint hot chocolate and a touch of soft woods."
Vanilla Extract (52%) | Orange (20%) | Rose Absolute (17%) | Peppermint (7%) | Cocoa Absolute (2%) | Amyris (2%) | 100% Essential Oils and Natural Extracts
I've not lathered Merry yet, but off of the puck, I certainly get the pepermint hot chocolate. But Tallow + Steel scents are never that linear, so I imagine that other scents will present once lathered.

full

Gingerbread is great! The SotG base works well. Not sure what maker it reminds me of, but it lathers very well and the scent is good for a smile. So is the cookie-style presentation! Love it. Gave a great shave.

They threw in a sample of a lime soap, and a coupon as well - possibly because shipping was delayed one day due to snow! So, nice folks too.

AS
Wonderful! Glad it worked out for you.

Does it smell authentic to gingerbread cookies? How's the scent last post shave?

Another vote for Stirling Christmas Eve. But I also really like B&M First Snow which reminds me of brisk days in the mountains. Maybe not entirely holiday... But gets me in the festive winter spirit.

I just love First Snow. If it's not my favorite soap in my collection it's definitely near the top.

Thanks for the follow up AA, looks good!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Wonderful! Glad it worked out for you.

Does it smell authentic to gingerbread cookies? How's the scent last post shave?

It does! But since I typically slap on aftershave, soaps scents get buried.

Now, matching an aftershave to gingerbread is a bit of a challenge ...I tried Brandy Spice, but Whiskey Woods might have gone better.

AA

Several people have mentioned "evergreen-y" type scents in this thread. With that in mind, I am somewhat surprised that nobody has yet mentioned Captain's Choice North. Typical CC performance and a nice evergreen vibe.

I know it's not Christmas yet, but perhaps I might find an alternative to stuffing pine cones in my shorts. Dang things are sharp and they bulge in all the wrong places! On order is a Stirlings Scots Pine Sheep and an Ozark Mountain. Plenty of time to bring in others, if these don't remind me of when, as a young lad, I wandered about through the seasonal Christmas Tree sale lot near my home. Long time ago.

Top Bottom