What's new

Your first three soaps?

BWW Ghost Ship, Reef Point Dragon's Blood, Kell's Dragon's Blood (stick and puck (the puck was supposed to be Energy, but Kell's missed labeled the tin.)

Vdh (luxury I think, green and white box, pink puck, first puck came in their kit), the fat, and Stirling spice and barbershop(dont remember which I tried first) the fat seems to be the best lather, vdh seemed to be the easiest to use(with decent results) and the Stirling seems seems to be a great balance, a solid performer, and awesome scents.

#1 - Proraso Green - Enjoyed it quite a bit. Really liked the scent.

#2 - Proraso Red - Didn't like the scent, so I chucked it once I got better soaps.

#3 - Razorock XXX - Big step up from the Prorasos, but it got used up very fast.

My first 3 (not counting the canned Barbasol I've used for years):

Old Spice Original cream (the modern version from India). It's not bad, and it's cheap. I wish it had a little more scent.

Ogallala Bay Rum and Orange shave stick. I liked this a lot, but unfortunately, had an allergic reaction to something in it.

Williams. This is a great soap, and it's inexpensive. It took me a few tries to figure out that I needed to build the lather right on the puck, but once I did, it was smooth sailing.

Lol....

my first 3 were:

Williams Shave soap
Vanderhagen deluxe soap
(because that's what was readily available in stores)
My very first ordered soap for my third was Tabac

a fun project is to shred up a Williams puck, melt the VDH glycerine, pour it into the Williams shavings, level it, and voi la! Drug store lather on steroids, lol!

As I recall, my first three were:
- Proraso Green
- TOBS Sandalwood
- Cella

Arko was also added to my den pretty early on, but I think it was #4.

I can't remember if I responded to this thread yet. First few days I used Proraso samples. The first full tubs of soaps I got were Tobs Sandalwood, Tobs Cedarwood ( I gave the Cedarwood to my pops), Catie's Bubbles LPV and PAA Cad.

Van Der Hagen deluxe, Mitchell's woolfat, and Stirling(spice or barbershop, not sure, they came in together.) Had some aid unscented cream after the van, but that's not soap now is it.

As i've only been DE shaving since April 2016:..these are my My First three shaving soaps:
2 palmolive shaving sticks grated down into a ceramic bowl.(..wonderful stuff! )
Erasmic shaving bowl..great soap.
Proraso green...i love the slickness i get from this excellent soap or should i say croap, i'm still a DE learner.

with all my soaps i rotate weekly, and add a 4-5 drops of Glycerin to my mixing bowl which gives me outstanding results.:thumbup1:

Top Bottom