What's new

Your first cologne

It was Avon Wild Country that was given to me 30 years ago by my grandmother :001_smile who was at the time an Avon dealer. I wore that during my high school years. Needless to say I do not want any more Wild Country since it does not react well with my body chemistry.

I think the first cologne I bought was Acqua Di Gio...I bought it because it seemed like a good solid choice, but when I started using it I noticed that a lot of guys seemed to smell like me...

This is the reason I don't think I'll be buying ADG again. It smells good on me and I like the fragrance, but I'd rather not smell like everyone else :001_cool:

It was Avon Wild Country that was given to me 30 years ago by my grandmother :001_smile who was at the time an Avon dealer. I wore that during my high school years. Needless to say I do not want any more Wild Country since it does not react well with my body chemistry.

LMAO, I was accosted by an Avon lady at work last weekend, and asked for a manly fragrance, and she grabbed my arm and sprayed me with Wild Country. It smelled like Johnson's baby powder! How manly is that?!

LMAO, I was accosted by an Avon lady at work last weekend, and asked for a manly fragrance, and she grabbed my arm and sprayed me with Wild Country. It smelled like Johnson's baby powder! How manly is that?!
Accosted (never good). Maybe the sales training manuals and techniques have changed dramatically since my grandmother was involved with the company? Now a days however, it seems that everything seems to be in your face. I hate to be sprayed like a cockroach everytime I make a mistake going to a store that has the scent sales booth.
I do agree that Wild Country may smell more like Powder Country.

The first cologne I recall wearing was Polo green, it was my dad's.

The first bottle I ever bought for myself was Drakkar Noir, waaaay back in middle school. That was pretty much what every male in my school smelled like every day. Well, that and Right Guard...

I really can't remember the first deodorants I used, but I believe the first "real" EdT/EdC i bought was either Chanel Platinum Egoiste or Ralph Lauren Polo Sport.

My first one was something from Canoe. I remember one time we used to start a fire one winter night when we had no kindling after I moved out.

Top Bottom