What's new

Your first cologne

When I was in Elementary school, I would sometimes splash some of my father's Old Spice on my neck before going out in the neighborhood to flirt with my sister's friends.

Then, a couple years later, I would use my sister's CK1 (because it was a cologne/perfume for girls or guys)

But the first cologne I owned and used often I bought from the pharmacy down the street from my house called Aspen. I was walking around Home Depot the other day, and I'm 99% sure that the guy in front of me was wearing it... I was in a rush, and I didn't want to seem like a creep, so I didn't bother asking him.

As I read through this thread I remember using so many of these scents but I seriously can't remember what I used first or at the very least what my first (that I owned, not Pop) cologne was.

I wore (and still wear) Old Spice, Brut, and English Leather when I started shaving. My first department store cologne, like many of you, was Polo (green).

i think it was agua brava by antonio puig. i'm not sure though but the bottle looked very much like it. i also remember it wasn't a known designer fragrance.

I wore Drakkar when I was a teenager. While I don't hate the stuff now, I would not wear it any longer. I am currently a big fan of Polo Black.

My first Cologne/EDT was Avon Musk for Men (hopefully this is the correct as was in the early eighties anyway) a birthday present from my Mother when I was thirteen - my girlfriend's older sister loved it. I didn't buy any Cologne/EDT until in my early thirties, which was Joop which I still buy. I have always been given a Cologne/EDT as part of any Christmas or Birthday gift.

first cologne ever: dad's British Sterling (do they still sell it?)

proxy.php

first cologne I bought: Polo Green , I didn't even use the a tenth of the bottle though as weaing it gave me a dreadful headache.

Last edited:
O

OMGitsJoe

First cologne ever used was good ol BRUT.

The first cologne I fell in love with was Nautica Blue.

My current is: YSL L' Homme

boy how times have changed

The first cologne I ever had was a bottle of Brut my granpa gave me when I was four. He thought it would be cool for his "little man" to smell just like he did. My mom didn't think so and immediately confiscated it. When I was 12 she had a bottle of Safari in my Christmas stocking.

Now thanks to my changing allergies I can't really wear anything.

Musgo real no.2 oak moss. Actually I got it today.
proxy.php

The moss dissappears quite quickly, leaving mostly something that I remember from shiseido's face cream, I think it's linalool.

I think I was 13... Claiborne Mambo.

Of course, there was that one time when I tried distilling my own cologne. I went through a huge organic chemistry phase in highschool. I set up a rotovap, got a bunch of different fragrant woods, ground them up, mixed them with the appropriate solvents, and let it rip.

Absolute rubbish.

I think the first cologne I bought was Acqua Di Gio...I bought it because it seemed like a good solid choice, but when I started using it I noticed that a lot of guys seemed to smell like me...

Paco Rabanne ...My cousin told me that she loved it. She was a few years older and i thought it would help picking up those older women:blushing:, I was 14 and she was like 17. This is starting to sound weird:blink: ...anyway it never got me any women and i eventually got tired of it after 2 bottles and that was the end.

I belive it was English Leather. I also remember using my dads Old Spice at times just for fun. The first "real" cologne i remember getting because it was a hit with the girls was Polo in the green bottle. I don't use it today, although I do use Polo Double Black, when I do smell the green bottle Polo it really takes me back.....Good Times, Good Times.

Drakkar Nior....that was 1992, I was 17 or 18. I wouldnt wear it now but see it in stores every now and then and I get a good laugh when I see it.

Top Bottom