What's new

Your female companion's favorite scent?

I'm going at that question from a different angle: since I don't currently have a female companion, whoever I end up with will like Tabac, since I just bought a "jug" that will last me a couple decades I think! When she meets me, that's probably the cologne I'll be wearing!

The power of positive thinking. :biggrin:

My wife has allergies and I love colognes. So, it becomes troublesome at times. I like big bold scents. Yet, many of the floral and citrusy type scents as well as oriental scents bother her.

The ones she likes in order of likeness:
Ogallala Bay Rum
Carolina Herrera 212 ON ICE
Acqua Di Gio
Insider Excite for Men

I will also mention there's a big difference in her likability between the first and the second. She may give the first a 10, the second a 7.

This thread poses an interesting question.
Do fragrances smell different to the ladies than they do to us chaps? If so, it would explain why there are plenty of decent looking sorts out there that appear to be in loving relationships with men that smell like a turkish brothel if you get within 30 paces of them.
This also complicated by personal preferences and the fact that colognes will smell different on different skin types.

Anyway, for the record, Mrs Highwayman prefers me to wear Guerlain Vetiver, Guerlain Habit Rouge (which I have gone off since i discovered that Tony Blair wears it) & Caron pour un Homme, but the only ones I own that she has really objected to in the strongest possible manner are Boss & Balenciaga Cristobel.

I am getting very fortunate in that my wife is very flexible with the fragrances she likes me to wear. She and I were both surprised that we liked Jaipur Homme EDP. I did not anticipate liking a soft vanilla oriental. This opens up a whole new category to explore.

We also got a little put off by Royal Water and I sold it, less a small decant for future use if and when that time comes.

Her favorite combo so far is Mama Bear's Rosemary mint shaving soap followed by TSD sub zero AS.

This thread poses an interesting question.
Do fragrances smell different to the ladies than they do to us chaps? If so, it would explain why there are plenty of decent looking sorts out there that appear to be in loving relationships with men that smell like a turkish brothel if you get within 30 paces of them.
This also complicated by personal preferences and the fact that colognes will smell different on different skin types.

Anyway, for the record, Mrs Highwayman prefers me to wear Guerlain Vetiver, Guerlain Habit Rouge (which I have gone off since i discovered that Tony Blair wears it) & Caron pour un Homme, but the only ones I own that she has really objected to in the strongest possible manner are Boss & Balenciaga Cristobel.

The women tend to smell the chemical mix of ones skin oil and the cologne, creating a unique scent. What smells good for one man, probably smells different on others.

When my wife and Imet, I was on a kick of wearing Joop Nightflight at the time. That was 10+ years ago, and to this day, that is still her favorite cologne that I have worn, and beleive me when I say I've been through a bunch of them. Recently, I picked up a bunch of samples at Macys, and out of 20 or so samples, Usher VIP was her favorite. She is trying to get me to buy a bottle of it, but I just have this hang-up wearing something with his name on it. It is silly, as the juice is nice, but I cant get past the name. It is almost a dead ringer for Ferenheit that I remember (it has been probably 15 years since I have smelled Ferenheit). I plan to get a sample of Ferenheit and let her check it out.

I bought the bohemoth bottle of Tabac EDT, and she made me leave the house after I put it on. Needless to say, I sold it the next day. So far, this is the only one she cannot at least stomach.

Top Bottom