What's new

Your female companion's favorite scent?

My girlfreinds favorites are
Dolce & Gabbana(dark blue box)
CO Bigelow Exilir Black cologne

My gf bought both of these for me and luckily i like both especially the CO Bigelow.

Last edited:
Green Irish Tweed. Hands down the most complimented fragrance I've ever worn. I had an entire table full of women around me at our last company picnic because they said I smell good and they wanted to sit by me. #2 most complimented is Dolce & Gabbanna. And a surprising #3 is a roll on fragrance oil that you can buy at most hippie stores called "Black Opium" I just had a woman stop me in the grocery store the other day to tell me I smell great (it's mostly a summer scent)

On herself, my wife loves everything, provided it's by Chanel. On me, she pretends to like what I like.

My wife likes just about everything in my arsenal and has spoken up when I used something she didn't like. The night we met, I was wearing Shulton Night Spice which she immediately noticed and commented how good I smelled. They don't make this anymore (sniff) If any of you remember it, can you recommend something currently made that's anything like it? Thanks for the help.
Her Favorites: Clubman, Old Spice, British Sterling
She didn't like Pinaud Bay Rum or the Tabac EDT I just got, but she did ask for a little more time to decide on Tabac EDT.

Its amazing how different girls react to different scents. At one point last year I purposely alternated between armani mania and polo double black, two of my favorites, to see what responses I got from whom. Within a week i noticed that the 5 girls im closest with (gf and 4 friends) had subconsciously picked favorites. Only one actually said anything about what i wore, with the rest is was all body language.

As far as asking significant others for approval, I say its good to have a rotation, which should include everything they havent voiced dislike for. Keeps life interesting.

Girls seem to like scents that they can wear also. So they like unisex scents. They choose the scent as if they were buying it for themselves.

To be honest. I am still looking for that unique male fragrance, but I have not found it yet. At least not in the mass market. The scents liks: Hugo Boss, Armani etc have some feminine ingredients like fruity flowery notes.

There was one scent that was very masculine: vetiver. But I doubt if women like that scent....

Check out Guerlain's Vetyver, SS. It is almost universally well-liked and won't break the bank, either.

Smoothshave hit the nail on the head. Very sexy for him from V.S. is very good. Issey Miyake both the original yellow and then Black bottle is good. Kouros is excellent. Armani Emporio for him. Perry Ellis 360 is quite popular. Aqua Di gio is very nice.

This is always a tough one for me. I have a wide range of scents I like. But my girlfriend has tunnel vision when it comes to men's frags. She only ever gives the thumbs up to Issey Miyake (which I must note many, many women like).

I tend to like heavier, more dramatic scents like Odori Tobacco and Caraceni 1913.

I was however pleasantly surprised to find she gave a lackluster "it's okay" to Chanel Pour Monsieur. That's high praise coming from her, and it's much better than the usual "YOU STINK!"

I'm going at that question from a different angle: since I don't currently have a female companion, whoever I end up with will like Tabac, since I just bought a "jug" that will last me a couple decades I think! When she meets me, that's probably the cologne I'll be wearing!

Top Bottom