What's new

Your favourite Proraso cream

Which is your favourite Proraso cream?

• Green

• Red

• Blue

• White

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've come to really like the green, even though my first cream was their red.

Oddly, I never thought I'd like the green, before my wife gave me a tube of Co Bigelew for Christmas a year or two back. ...when the tube was gone, liked it so much, that I ordered the massive barbers tube of green. And the chill or cold feels fantastic on a warm day to boot.

You guys always mention and discuss the standard, known to everyone (TOP-4) list of Proraso shaving creams available on the market for many, many years. Too much!
Now, My question is: Why nobody discusses the relatively new line of Proraso creams known as: "Wood & Spice" "Azur& Lime" "Cypress&Vetiver".
I really like the scent of Proraso Wood & Spice after shave balm that I already own and use. Haven't tried the creams yet. Really wonder what "Cypress & Vetiver" smells like ?

You guys always mention and discuss the standard, known to everyone (TOP-4) list of Proraso shaving creams available on the market for many, many years. Too much!
Now, My question is: Why nobody discusses the relatively new line of Proraso creams known as: "Wood & Spice" "Azur& Lime" "Cypress&Vetiver".
I really like the scent of Proraso Wood & Spice after shave balm that I already own and use. Haven't tried the creams yet. Really wonder what "Cypress & Vetiver" smells like ?

The new creams have been discussed extensively on B&B. Just do a search of any of the new "flavors" and I'm sure you will come up with them being mentioned in a number of different threads.

I have not yet tried the new line. Although I was under the impression you had to buy it in larger quantities/packaging but perhaps I am mistaken.

I also prefer Proraso croaps to the cream as it lasts longer for me. I believe the new line is also cream only currently. Granted I’m not up on all the new development so I may be incorrect here.

I have not yet tried the new line. Although I was under the impression you had to buy it in larger quantities/packaging but perhaps I am mistaken.

I also prefer Proraso croaps to the cream as it lasts longer for me. I believe the new line is also cream only currently. Granted I’m not up on all the new development so I may be incorrect here.
The new line is sold in smaller 100g tubes in some places around Europe, I believe that Proraso being mass manufacturing company will market this size sooner or later everywhere.

The new line is sold in smaller 100g tubes in some places around Europe, I believe that Proraso being mass manufacturing company will market this size sooner or later everywhere.
Initially it was a disappointment for "Proraso" to issue a new shaving cream line (Wood & Spice)/(Cypress & Vetiver) in big packs, 275 Grs. only. I do not understand the policy of the Company to issue such a big volume packs for the home/personal use.
There must be a compulsory, standard option enabling customers to buy a tube of shaving cream of 100 gr. about. and let customers decide to proceed with that shaving cream or not. Forcing customers buy giant packs is useless and I would say silly(aggressive marketing).

Slightly off topic, but Proraso Cream and Soap are the same base product with the difference being how long they mature. If you have a preference for the soap rather than a cream but your favorite scent is cream only (example Blue or the new Single Blades) then you might want to take a look at this thread by @Cal:

Proraso "Wood and Spice" SOAP experiment.

The soap in a jar description on the Proraso site is:

"Made with a "hot soap process", it's left to mature in small batches for 10 days in a temperature-controlled room that protects it from temperature changes. During this time, the moisture evaporates and the product becomes solid and more "concentrated", perfect for a professional shave with a brush."

the cream description on same site:

"Made with a "hot soap process", it's left to mature for 3 days. This produces an extremely fine, thick and creamy soap that, with the aid of a brush, produces a soft and rich lather."

Text from the Green jar & tube. Note that both products are labelled "Sapone da barba".

Slightly off topic, but Proraso Cream and Soap are the same base product with the difference being how long they mature. If you have a preference for the soap rather than a cream but your favorite scent is cream only (example Blue or the new Single Blades) then you might want to take a look at this thread by @Cal:

Proraso "Wood and Spice" SOAP experiment.

The soap in a jar description on the Proraso site is:

"Made with a "hot soap process", it's left to mature in small batches for 10 days in a temperature-controlled room that protects it from temperature changes. During this time, the moisture evaporates and the product becomes solid and more "concentrated", perfect for a professional shave with a brush."

the cream description on same site:

"Made with a "hot soap process", it's left to mature for 3 days. This produces an extremely fine, thick and creamy soap that, with the aid of a brush, produces a soft and rich lather."

Text from the Green jar & tube. Note that both products are labelled "Sapone da barba".
Thank you very much for a precise clarification on the process. Very informative article indeed.
I recently started to like more cream soaps in pucks than shaving cream in tubes. It is a different technique of shaving with a nicer, post-shave results.

Slightly off topic, but Proraso Cream and Soap are the same base product with the difference being how long they mature...
Just to clarify, the Proraso creams also have Sodium Metasilicate (a strong base), whereas the Proraso "croaps" don't.

Just to clarify, the Proraso creams also have Sodium Metasilicate (a strong base), whereas the Proraso "croaps" don't.
Interesting, I've never seen that before. I think the ingredient lists are also in a slightly different order, potentially indicating a different ratio of ingredients.

I can't quite put my finger on the appeal of Proraso's products. They just somehow get it "right." I've been using the green and red croaps. They're not the slickest soaps, they don't make the most lush lather, and yet I keep them in my rotation and prefer to use them over all else on some shaving days. I think it's like those times when you just want a sandwich and not a fancy meal.

And I feel the same about Proraso green AS. Sometimes I prefer it over the fancier stuff, so I always keep it around.

I've now tried all 4; green, white, red, and finally blue. Green is my favorite (the menthol), though I like the scent of white (oatmeal) and red (sandalwood), so I head shave with those and enjoy the morning. So Green / Red, or Green / White is the (face / head) ticket for me.

Top Bottom