What's new

Your favourite "hot" sauce ?

a red and a green sauce called "Nuclear Nectar."
Their Facebook page seems to have recent activity, indicating they remain extant.

A bit of potential thread drift, because not a hot sauce item--at least I assume they did not use hot sauce--but I had three pepper (highest heat rating) duck laab a relatively new Thai place in Philly, Kalaya Thai Kitchen, that claims to be very authentic. One of the hottest dishes I have ever experienced. Whatever they did to that duck, I would sure like to have in a bottle. Incredible depth and variety of flavor. Mind expanding. Almost inedible, yet I crave it just thinking about it.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I actually sent away to St. Augustine, Fla. for Datil Pepper seeds; going to grow my own this year.

Fairly serious about liking that pepper! Sauce by June, I hope.

AA

1. Grace Hot Pepper Sauce
2. Tabasco
3. Louisiana Brand Hot Sauce

Grace is about twice as hot as Tabasco. It is made with Scotch Bonnet peppers in Jamaica. It taste much like Louisiana hot sauces. Similar to Trappy's.

Arizona Gunslinger has some nice hot sauces. Their original hot pepper jalapeno sauce is medium hot but has a nice flavor to it. Their Mega Diablo is hotter with a nice smokey flavor to it. This sauce is deceptive. The first taste doesn't hit you as being hot but after a few seconds, you realize how potent it is. They have some in the middle such as their Chipolte Habanero.

By blending some different peppers in their product they give it a distinct flavor.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Hot Saucers:
I got to get a bottle or two of this stuff! :thumbsup:

By Gwen Aviles - MSN - Lifestyle - 30 Jan 2020
"Old Bay’s 1st hot sauce was so popular, it sold out immediately". [say what! :a47:]

View attachment 1057764"If you didn't get Old Bay's latest product while it was hot, you'll have to wait a bit longer. Spice company McCormick announced Wednesday that a limited-edition hot sauce version of its famous seasoning sold out in less than an hour.

"We have fans that get Old Bay tattooed on their body and have Old Bay-themed weddings, so in hindsight, it shouldn't have come as a surprise that the new sauce would sell out so quickly," Laurie Harrsen, the senior director of public relations and consumer communications, told NBC News.

McCormick introduced the Old Bay hot sauce on social media and on its website Wednesday, advertising it as consumers' "new favorite addition for any game-watching event" that could be added to wings, nachos, dips and Bloody Marys.View attachment 1057765

“OLD BAY Seasoning and hot sauce go together like… Well, OLD BAY and everything” wrote Jill Pratt, a McCormick representative, in a statement on the company's website, where the sauce sold for $3.49.

View attachment 1057772But the excitement was short-lived when approximately 40 minutes later, the company announced on social media that the sauce was no longer available and that they were working on re-stocking. In the meantime, some people are reselling the sauce for $49.99 on eBay.

Many expressed their disappointment that they weren't able to purchase the sauce before it sold out and are not accepting the recommendation to simply mix Old Bay seasoning into another brand of hot sauce.

Harrsen told NBC News that she wasn't sure when the company would be able to restock the sauce, but assured that it was "working to get more hot sauce ready." Within the next month, the company will start selling the hot sauce at specified retailers. [yeah Baby!! :wink:]

Cited: Old Bay Hot Sauce

View attachment 1057762"One drop does wonders...so spice-up your life". CBJ
Well ‘looky’ here...what Old Bay sent me. 👀

The iconic flavor of OLD BAY in a Hot Sauce.
Hi OLD BAY® Fan,
Didn’t mean to ghost. We’ve just been very busy making more OLD BAY® hot sauce as fast as we can! We will continue to share updates as we have ‘em - hang in there!

We mainly have 2 in the house.

Tabasco and Siracha

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
15828510918515892845492858593107.jpg

Maybe not what you think of ... and more of a dipping sauce than pour-over ... but I really like it.

Favorite sauce from the store? Secret Aardvark Habanero

However, making your own sauce is really the way to go and tastes better than anything you can buy.

Here's a super easy one for you guys:

Add the following to a food processor (or good blender):

20 Habanero Peppers. (rinse/clean peppers well… pull off stems… don’t cut the peppers)

1 regular sized (15.5 oz) can of Peaches in light syrup or juice. Dump the whole can in (juice included)

1/3 Cup Vinegar (either white or apple cider vinegar).

3 tablespoons Lime Juice.

1 teaspoon Salt.

1/2 teaspoon finely ground Pepper.

** Blend everything above in a food processor (blender sorta works too) until the mixture is smooth
** The sauce calms down and tastes better after a few days in the refrigerator
** Sauce should last more than 1 month as long as it's refrigerated
** Be sure to boil jars/containers/lids prior to filling with sauce to disinfect them.

Tampatio, Frank's Red Hot, normal Tabasco.
I used to save up those tiny glass bottles of Tabasco sauce we'd get in our MREs.

toad sweat hot sauce For cake and ice cream

Tabasco is the one I use mostly..

An easy one is take Hersey chocolate syrup and add your hot chile power to it for ice cream and cake.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
JJ's afterburner homemade ghost pepper sauce. The gift that keeps on giving.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
JJ's afterburner homemade ghost pepper sauce. The gift that keeps on giving.
Sounds like "after" is what to watch out for....ouch!!

I'm in. :yesnod:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Last edited:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Coconut vinegar is the bomb diggity! Best to compliment any condiment with.

Chernobyl Tears - Akimov's Choice
Carolina reaper, Trinidad Moruga Scorpion Caramel, Fatalii and Bhut Jolokia Mustard sauce, made without any conservant. Guy is growing his own and makes sauce by himself, and this is seriously hot stuff. Beautifull taste that makes low tolerant people cry like babies :D
I don't know if he is making this poison still...didn't hear from him for a while, and I'm on the last bottle...
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Y7 using Tapatalk