What's new

Your favourite "hot" sauce ?

I always have on hand Sriracha, Frank's, Tobasco orignal, Sambal Olek, and Cholula. Sriracha is used like ketchup in my house.

Lots of hot sauces in my house but here is my current top3;

-Lee Kum Kee's 'Sichuan spicey noodle sauce'.

-Tunesian 'Harissa' either from Tucal or SCAP.

-Sambal of course; now we use Brandal which is at least as hot as Oelek but more tasty (imo).

$QWOP478.jpg
$pimenta_sriracha-real-thai.jpg

I'll be keeping an eye out for el Yucateco. Last night I picked up these two from my local grocery store: Yucatan Sunshine and Tamazula Extra Hot . Can't wait to try them out. I've had the Yucatan Sunshine before, but can't remember how I liked it. Should be good as it is a carrot-based habenero sauce:

$try_me_yucatan_sunshine_prepared_habanero_pepper_sauce.gif $097339000023.jpg

P

pdillon

Uncle Brutha's is probably not well known but is very very good. Kind of like a microbrew hot sauce. I used to live in Capitol Hill in DC and he owned Uncle Brutha's Hot Sauce Emporium. Yes, a store that only sold hot sauce. One day I wanted to find some russian dressing so I stopped by and the chance they would have it. The clerk, who was sweating heavily from sampling so much hot sauce, told me they didn't have russian dressing, but he found some sweet vidalia onion hot sauce that worked just amazingly on my sandwiches. Sadly when Eastern Market burned down, foot traffic decreased and he closed the store, but luckily his homemade hot sauce is still available:

http://www.unclebrutha.com/

Also, I was happy to see Nando's Peri-Peri available at whole foods. Perfect pairing for chicken!

I'll be keeping an eye out for el Yucateco. Last night I picked up these two from my local grocery store: Yucatan Sunshine and Tamazula Extra Hot . Can't wait to try them out. I've had the Yucatan Sunshine before, but can't remember how I liked it. Should be good as it is a carrot-based habenero sauce

Verdict: Tamazula has a good slightly smokey flavor, but not enough heat. I'll have to double up on my application next time. Yucatan Sunshine has decent heat (although I did use quite a bit), but way too much salt & vinegar for me. I'm thinking I should just make my own. Maybe make a few chutneys as well. Should be fun!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Hot Saucers:
I got to get a bottle or two of this stuff! :thumbsup:

By Gwen Aviles - MSN - Lifestyle - 30 Jan 2020
"Old Bay’s 1st hot sauce was so popular, it sold out immediately". [say what! :a47:]

Crab - 1.jpg
"If you didn't get Old Bay's latest product while it was hot, you'll have to wait a bit longer. Spice company McCormick announced Wednesday that a limited-edition hot sauce version of its famous seasoning sold out in less than an hour.

"We have fans that get Old Bay tattooed on their body and have Old Bay-themed weddings, so in hindsight, it shouldn't have come as a surprise that the new sauce would sell out so quickly," Laurie Harrsen, the senior director of public relations and consumer communications, told NBC News.

McCormick introduced the Old Bay hot sauce on social media and on its website Wednesday, advertising it as consumers' "new favorite addition for any game-watching event" that could be added to wings, nachos, dips and Bloody Marys.
Crab.jpg

“OLD BAY Seasoning and hot sauce go together like… Well, OLD BAY and everything” wrote Jill Pratt, a McCormick representative, in a statement on the company's website, where the sauce sold for $3.49.

Shrimp.png
But the excitement was short-lived when approximately 40 minutes later, the company announced on social media that the sauce was no longer available and that they were working on re-stocking. In the meantime, some people are reselling the sauce for $49.99 on eBay.

Many expressed their disappointment that they weren't able to purchase the sauce before it sold out and are not accepting the recommendation to simply mix Old Bay seasoning into another brand of hot sauce.

Harrsen told NBC News that she wasn't sure when the company would be able to restock the sauce, but assured that it was "working to get more hot sauce ready." Within the next month, the company will start selling the hot sauce at specified retailers. [yeah Baby!! :wink:]

Works Cited: Old Bay Hot Sauce

Old Bay Hot Sauce.jpg
"One drop does wonders...so spice-up your life". CBJ

Tabasco for the same reason @whiskerlips likes Crystal. Tabasco is more than just hot, it has the perfect combination of salt, vinegar, and pepper to enhance the food.
There is quite a Crystal vs. Tabasco competition here in New Orleans. Everyone supports one or the other but not both. It's as big a controversy as sidewalk side vs neutral ground side for parades (neutral ground of course) or whether or not to put tomatoes in jambalaya (NEVER).

For the obtained in the US:

1. Sambal Oelek (the non garlic version) [Thai style]
2. Rick's [Carribean, scotch bonnet style]

If you any asian/carribean markets near you, I'd definitely ask if there's any local blends available, as you really get something special with homemade sauces.
I'll echo the non-garlic Sambal Oelek.
Otherwise, if I want heat, I'll create it myself. I've had good luck growing chili, yellow chili, thai chili, habanero and, yes, Trinidad Scorpions in the back yard.

Frank's red hot is so good. I don't really like regular Tabasco but the Chipotle Tabasco is really good. Marie Sharp's from Belize is really good. Their original habanero hot sauce is my favorite. It is pretty hot but they have a mild version also.

Top Bottom