What's new

Your favourite "hot" sauce ?

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
We just did a pantry purge around here, and this was buried on a shelf behind a bunch of other stuff.

20200314_101438.jpg

This was one of my favorites. It was a little Cajun joint in Winnie, Texas, at the junction of I-10 and TX-124. For a time, I wouldn't even consider eating Cajun food anywhere west of Al-T's because anything west of Al-T's was about as Cajun as fortune cookies are Chinese or green beer is Irish.

I grew up going to this place and still often would stop in for a meal (or just to pick up some hot sauce and tasso) when passing through. It closed, last year, after getting bought out. Now, the folks that bought it are decent people, and I'm not bitter or anything. They will run a good, honest place, but it won't be Al-T's. I miss Al-T's, and that won't stop anytime soon.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Very good, but is it hot sauce?

It's hardly the sort of thing that will blow the top of your head clean off, but it's got plenty of kick. When I was growing up, one of the standard party snacks was to dump a bottle of Pickapeppa over a brick of cream cheese. O, so yummy.

It's hardly the sort of thing that will blow the top of your head clean off, but it's got plenty of kick. When I was growing up, one of the standard party snacks was to dump a bottle of Pickapeppa over a brick of cream cheese. O, so yummy.

I too enjoy that tasty treat! It is delicious stuff, I agree.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Yaqui Sauce. At least it was 50 years ago back in college. Imported from Mexico, it was 15-cents a bottle at Freddy's Liquors in Tempe, as I remember. We used to add it to our beer, and sometimes chug it on a bet. I have no idea how it tastes on food, though.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Crab - 1.jpg
Hot Saucers:
“Edition OLD BAY Hot Sauce Now Available!

OLD BAY Hot Sauce is heeeeeere! And there are two ways to get it.
  1. Live on the East Coast? Click here for a full list of stores carrying the good stuff.

2. Outside the East Coast? Click here to purchase from our limited online supply, available early-access to email subscribers only (one twin-pack per purchase).
We love our OLD BAY fans– so we’re gonna be straight with ‘ya. When it’s gone, it’s gone for the rest of 2020”.

Old Bay Hot Sauce.jpg
"One drop does wonders...so spice-up your life". CBJ

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Crab - 1.jpg
Hot Saucers:

1. Live on the East Coast? Click here for a full list of stores carrying the good stuff.

2. Outside the East Coast? Click here to purchase from our limited online supply, available early-access to email subscribers only (one twin-pack per purchase).
We love our OLD BAY fans– so we’re gonna be straight with ‘ya. When it’s gone, it’s gone for the rest of 2020”.

Old Bay Hot Sauce.jpg
Saw this at Walmart last week, didn't realize it was limited edition.

But if I buy one more hot sauce, wife will change the locks.

Hm. Can put it in the gun safe ...

AA

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
My favorite hot sauce is usually the ones that are stocked in the fridge or in the cabinet. There are so many that it would offend the other sauces if I just picked one favorite.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Crab - 1.jpg
Hot Saucers:

Old Bay Hot Sauce.jpg

To heck with that. If it's that rationed, everyone else can have it.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I like a lot of them, but my favorite is Melinda's Naga Jolokia. It has that ghost zing but in a manageable way and with a ton of flavor. It is wonderful on fried eggs. I like Herdez hot salsa casera (which is not actually very hot but is very fresh tasting) on breakfast tacos. I like Cholula on French fries. I like Sriracha in cooking because it brings nice depth of flavor. My son drinks Sambal oelek straight from the bottle when no one is looking. I am still deciding how I feel about Old Bay. It doesn't have a lot of kick. I love the seasoning, though. Great on fries or popcorn.

Top Bottom