What's new

Your favourite Bay Rum Aftershave

Hello gents,

I am using the Barberry Coast Bay Rum splash which I thought it has the smell of LOVE! I liked it so much more than any other Bay Rum aftershave I tried (that was only LPL.. lol)
Half of the bottle is now gone and the smell is not at all the same. The beautiful fragrance it dissipated.. All I can smell now is alcohol with a tiny wee bit of a faded fragrance. I did shake it well before every single use, so it can't be a manipulation error.

What's your favorite Bay Rum aftershave? Apparently Macron's tax-free year-end bonus will get through so I'll have some silver coins to spend! :)

Your advice is much appreciated, thanks!

Cheerio!

My favorite is Avon Bay Rum, but it's discountinued. Captain's Choice makes a very good Bay Rum and their Lime aftershave is basically a lime bay rum.

Anyone has tried St John’s?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, good stuff. I have the spray bottle. I don't really use it as aftershave, more like a light cologne in addition to the two bay rums I mentioned above. It's expensive, but the bottles are big.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Krampert’s Finest Acadian Spice Bay Rum. Not just my favorite Bay Rum A/S, but my favorite A/S period.

I like the PAA Classic Bay Rum the best. I also have two other bay rums by PAA, Atomic Age and Boomtown. All are strong and long lasting scents. I also have the Barberry Coast in both splash and balm and haven't noticed the scent getting any weaker. Maybe try the Ogallala Bay Rum Cologne?

Rooster's Nest Bourbon Bay Rum & Grand Bay - Bay Rum and Lime

I just got the Rooster's Nest this week. Has a very nice smell. Seems like a very nicely balanced and not overpowering with the cloves. Maybe the bourbon and the smell of the oaken barrels add the balance

I just got the Rooster's Nest this week. Has a very nice smell. Seems like a very nicely balanced and not overpowering with the cloves. Maybe the bourbon and the smell of the oaken barrels add the balance

It’s a short lived scent for me, but I absolutely love the stuff.

I have tried St. John’s. It was, for a long time, my favorite. The knock on it is that it has a lot of clove, which obviously doesn’t bother me. I am also a fan of the Captain’s CO9T, which has no clove whatever and is to Bay Rum what cognac is to champagne.

But this past summer I finally tried PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum, and that is hands down the best Bay Rum I’ve used in 40 years. Great face feel, long lasting, complex West Indian Bay scent (no clove) - just excellent all around.

Bay rum is my scent. I just made two more bottles! Turned out bright, masculine and spicy. Orange undertones.
20190117_155626.jpg

Top Bottom