What's new

Your favourite Bay Rum Aftershave

I decided to start my journey in finding my personal favourite with St. Johns Bay Rum Splash.

Hello gents,

I received the bottle today.
St Johns Bay Rum won't be part of my favourites list. Barberry Coast is way ahead.
Out of respect for St Johns enthusiasts I won't give my personal insight. :whistling: Unless you really want it.
The journey continues. Possibly with Captain's Choice.

Cheers everyone!

My favorite bay rum is Blackberry Blossom Bay from Chatillon Lux. Unfortunately, it’s not available anymore. I also like PAA Classic Bay Rum and PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum, as well as Cat o’ Nine Tails.

West Indies Bay Rum

iu.jpeg

When I was looking for a Bay Rum to possibly replace the Stirling bottle I had finished I had tried several but also found myself ordering a new bottle of Stirling because nothing I tried gave me what Stirling does... All others were PIF'd because they just couldn't give me what I needed.

Clubman VIBR.......hands down one of the best, I know we all want more from a bayrum, but damn this stuff just impresses me and more that I use it.

I'm a huge fan of bayrum scents and they are a go to for me on a friday shave.

My favorite bay rum is Blackberry Blossom Bay from Chatillon Lux. Unfortunately, it’s not available anymore. I also like PAA Classic Bay Rum and PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum, as well as Cat o’ Nine Tails.

I know it’s very difficult to describe scents, but is there any possible way to word the difference between these 3 aftershaves? I read a lot of individual reviews... Thank you for your time, really appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I know it’s very difficult to describe scents, but is there any possible way to word the difference between these 3 aftershaves? I read a lot of individual reviews... Thank you for your time, really appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I'm horrible at describing scents, but I'll try.

Blackberry Blossom Bay is the least pure bay rum among my favorites. There's a green element, like the stalk of a blackberry growth. (Where I live, blackberry plants are weeds, so I know the scent.) But the bay is prominent. I used it this morning, and always enjoy it, for most of the day. I only wish I had more of it in my den.

Classic PAA bay rum is like most other bay rums, but stronger. It's like Captain's Choice, only no clove. It's the strongest bay rum in my den.

Atomic from PAA is like a strong bay rum that's been aged in a wooden cask. It's much like classic, only it has a subtle wood scent, like a well-aged scotch.

As I said, I'm not good at scent descriptions, but I hope this helps!

I'm horrible at describing scents, but I'll try.

Blackberry Blossom Bay is the least pure bay rum among my favorites. There's a green element, like the stalk of a blackberry growth. (Where I live, blackberry plants are weeds, so I know the scent.) But the bay is prominent. I used it this morning, and always enjoy it, for most of the day. I only wish I had more of it in my den.

Classic PAA bay rum is like most other bay rums, but stronger. It's like Captain's Choice, only no clove. It's the strongest bay rum in my den.

Atomic from PAA is like a strong bay rum that's been aged in a wooden cask. It's much like classic, only it has a subtle wood scent, like a well-aged scotch.

As I said, I'm not good at scent descriptions, but I hope this helps!

Very clear! Thanks a million! :)

But, but..has anyone tried making it with coconut rum? Or maybe some coconut pulp flesh in the extraction? I'm about to make another batch and aiming for even MORE islandy vibe...

When I walk into a room I want people to drop what they're doing and play steel drums, drink red stripe, and wear sandals.

I really like the Barrister & Mann bay rum. It's heavy on the clove which I love because I it reminds Bali Hai clove cigarettes. If you don't enjoy clove in your bay rum I would look elsewhere though.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
So far, having tried quite a few, I prefer Olgallala double strength. The Olgallala Sweet Orange and Limes and Peppercorns double strength are nice as well although the bay rum scent takes a back seat to the orange and lime in those two.

Preparing to mix up a batch of the Bootlegger's formula listed throughout a number of threads.

Top Bottom