What's new

Your Favorite Tv Catch Phrase ???

"Hello little buddy". The Skipper on Gilligan's Island.

Prepare an "Away Team" number one and meet me in the "Ready Room". Cap't Piccard to Will Riker on almost every "Next Generation" Star Trek episode.

"I'll do the thinnin' around here Babba Louie". Quick Draw McGraw.

"There you go again!". Ronald Reagan said this a few times in rebutal to statements made by Jimmy Carter in a televised presidential debate.

"ooooh ooooh ooooh ooooh" Horshack on Welcome Back Kotter.

Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk. Curly, 3 Stooges

i can't remember any lines from "I Dream Of Jeannie"...i could only stare at her because my mother wouldn't let me watch that vulgar show and i turnd the volume down....

mark tssb

yes master......doe-ing !!!!

"Mahh boy is wick-had smaahht!" - Casey Affleck in Good Will Hunting

Edit: Sorry...just realized this is neither a catch phrase, nor was it on T.V....oops.

You can say that again...and again...and again..
Thu Dec 7, 11:12 AM ET

"Heeere's Johnny!" -- the introduction for U.S. talk-show host Johnny Carson for 30 years -- has been ranked the most memorable TV catchphrase in a Top 100 list covering 60 years of American television shows, cartoons, commercials and quotes from news programs.

Neil Armstrong's famous "One small step for man ... " comment when stepping on the moon on July 20, 1969, took second place in the list compiled by TV Land, while millionaire businessman-turned-TV star Donald Trump came in third with his curt "You're fired!" ousting of contestants from the TV show "The Apprentice."

The list, which features catchphrases and one-liners from 10 commercials and 28 comedies ranging from Alka Seltzer to "Star Trek" and "The Simpsons" will be presented in a five-night TV Land special starting on Monday.

It also includes moments from televised events such as the 1969 moon landing and President John F. Kennedy's 1961 inaugural address. Kennedy's line "Ask not what your country can do for you ..." came in fifth place.
"We have found that television is such a huge part of baby boomers' DNA that it makes sense that so much of America's pop culture jargon comes from TV," said Larry W. Jones, president of TV Land. The list was complied by TV Land producers and editors.

Carson became a household name as host of "The Tonight Show" from 1962 to 1992 and was introduced by sidekick Ed McMahon to the studio audience and the nation with the rallying call "Heeere's Johnny!"

The Top 10 greatest TV quotes and catchphrases chosen by TV Land are;

1. Heeere's Johnny! (Ed McMahon, The Tonight Show)
2. One small step for man ... (Neil Armstrong)
3. You're fired! (Donald Trump, The Apprentice)
4. Baby, you're the greatest. (Ralph Kramden, The Honeymooners)
5. Ask not what your country can do for you ... (John F. Kennedy)
6. D'oh! (Homer Simpson, The Simpsons)
7. Where's the beef? (Wendy's)
8. Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis? (Arnold Drummond, Diff'rent Strokes)
9. Yabba dabba do! (Fred Flintstone, The Flintstones)
10. I'm not a crook (Richard Nixon)

How about :

Ben Stein's
Bueller?
Something-doo economics?
Anyone? Anyone?

Bill Murray:
Okay, Mr. Gophaire!
Pool or pond...pond would be good!

Top Bottom