Your Favorite Shaving Soaps Blocks

Dear gents in this forum,
Cella block never lets me down.
Mine is almost gone.
I am going to buy a new block.
As far as I know, shaving soaps blocks have five choices:
Cella
3P
Vitos (Many gents reports that red extra coco dominates the other two.)
TFS
Furbo (This brand is a bit hard to find in Asia.)

Which one is your favorite?
I appreciate any forthcoming inputs very much.

Cella is great; you won't go wrong to re-purchase!
Your list looks complete, AFAIK.
You might look at a 250g brick of Boellis Panama, info here.
Good luck!

Dear gents in this forum,
Cella block never lets me down.
Mine is almost gone.
I am going to buy a new block.
As far as I know, shaving soaps blocks have five choices:
Cella
3P
Vitos (Many gents reports that red extra coco dominates the other two.)
TFS
Furbo (This brand is a bit hard to find in Asia.)

Which one is your favorite?
I appreciate any forthcoming inputs very much.

Sir, you have GREAT taste!! :a29:

I ‘only’ have Cella and Vito’s which are excellent. Cella from the brick is definitely superior to the tubs IMO.

Sir, you have GREAT taste!! :a29:

I ‘only’ have Cella and Vito’s which are excellent. Cella from the brick is definitely superior to the tubs IMO.

Dear @BigJ,
I can not agree with you more.
I found Cella tube to be a bit hard to lather.
When I was new, I always suspected the greatness of Cella which were reported by many gents.

Panama 1924. Hands down the best at 45 dollars for 250g. On the cheap you can get Arko, you can get for 10.65 dollars for 12 sticks and press 3 into a glass airtight container. Let it air out for a week and it will last for years. Great soap, not so much on the scent. For 45 dollars get the Panama 1924 put it in a airtight glass container and enjoy every shave with a great scent.
20190519_164327.jpg

Can't go wrong with Cella. Just got a kilo for 24 USD shipped, split it three ways with my two brothers ..

(Divided and packaged up :001_tongu )
IMG_20200222_193722.jpg

IMG_20200222_213410.jpg

In the tfs camp, you have
Red classic - awesome. Same as figaro red. Bright white. Soft. Sweet almond scent. Great performance.
Rasozero spiffero - I had high hopes, but scent is weak. Performance seems to lack vs other tfs bricks.
Rasozero agrumella- awesome lemon scent. Awesome performance
Rasozero barbacca - awesome toasted marshmallow tobacco scent. Great performance.
Razorock blue fougere - made by tfs. Smaller brick, but on sale for $8 at ItalianBarber. Same ingredients as the other tfs bricks.

I like em all.

In the tfs camp, you have
Red classic - awesome. Same as figaro red. Bright white. Soft. Sweet almond scent. Great performance.
Rasozero spiffero - I had high hopes, but scent is weak. Performance seems to lack vs other tfs bricks.
Rasozero agrumella- awesome lemon scent. Awesome performance
Rasozero barbacca - awesome toasted marshmallow tobacco scent. Great performance.
Razorock blue fougere - made by tfs. Smaller brick, but on sale for $8 at ItalianBarber. Same ingredients as the other tfs bricks.

I like em all.

Dear @guitarslinger,
I appreciate your inputs very much.
How do you compare Red classic with Cella, Vitos and 3P?
I think the latter three are easier to find.
Thank you.

One I did not see mentioned yet is Antica Barberia Mondial, original citrus. I have not tried it. Not to be confused with Antica Barbieria Colla. There is also Valobra Almond and Menthol is a small 150gm block (this is getting hard to find).

Dear @guitarslinger,
I appreciate your inputs very much.
How do you compare Red classic with Cella, Vitos and 3P?
I think the latter three are easier to find.
Thank you.

Tfs red smells better than cella imo.
3p burned my face
Vitos has gone bad on me multiple times, and doesn’t perform as well for me.

For some reason, I’m a tfs fanboy. The scent is very sweet and clean. The difference in performance among Italian soft soaps is usually negligible

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Current, cheap, and good, 3P. $26 delivered (US) from Connaught. Doesn’t go rancid like Cella does for me. Performs better IMO, but it’s not tallow like Cella, so if lack of tallow is a deal breaker, there ya go.

One I did not see mentioned yet is Antica Barberia Mondial, original citrus. I have not tried it. Not to be confused with Antica Barbieria Colla. There is also Valobra Almond and Menthol is a small 150gm block (this is getting hard to find).

I haven't read too many reviews on this soap. I've been tempted but I was allergic to another Mondial offering. Although it is a different formula, I do not want to roll the dice on a Kilo of soap if I may be allergic to it.

Top Bottom