What's new

Your Favorite SE At the Moment

It's a toss up between my AlumiGoose V1 and my ATT S1 for the modern SE razors.
For the classic GEM type I like my Ever-Ready 1914.

$Mongoose Wave.jpg $ATT_blades.jpg $1914 Mystic.jpg

At the moment, the GEM G-Bar with a Gem SS PTFE coated blade. I just get quick easy trouble free shaves with that combo. Perfect when I don't have time for a SR.

My favorite is my first--the Ever Ready 1912. I've acquired several GEMs because I like the 1912 so much, but none of them have replaced the 1912 in my rotation.

Today, with apologies to my Schick E2, my Gem British 1912, my three MMOCs, my three 1924s, my 1914, my two Mongeese, among many others, I have to select my 1907 Ever-Ready Lather Catcher. I've only used it once so far, but it's a tremendous shave from a far different era. It's like cooking a great meal of fresh ingredients over a campfire of pine wood, versus cooking a freeze-dried meal over a camp stove. Both will fill you up, but one is more rewarding.

Just picked up a Gem G-bar featherweight as well as a Micromatic Clog Pruf. They look to be in good condition but I will give them some TLC soon. I also have a General coming from Colonial razors. I think those should hold me for awhile :lol:. Tempted to get the ATT SE1 but price is a factor for me.

Top Bottom