What's new

Your Favorite SE At the Moment

It seems like a surge of new single edge razors have been coming out in the last couple of months and a lot of wet shavers are seeing what a single edge has to offer over a regular double edged razor. Just curious to hear what the favorites are at this time.

Among some of the newer ones is the ATT SE1, Supply Provision Co, The General by Colonial Razors (which is coming very soon). Then you have The Mongoose, and Cobra razors which have been out for a little while. Then you have the vintage GEM razors and Schick Injectors. I'm definitely missing some. Anyways, let us know which your favorite(s) is/are and your preferred blade.

For me, at the moment, it's the ATT SE1 followed closely by the King Cobra. Then the Mongoose a good ways behind.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I count the Ever-Ready 1914 as one of my all time favorite razor's. Close and smooth and she likes to sing when she is shaving

My all time go to favorite is the Weck Surgical Prep using a Personna 25% sharper hair shaper blade. Next on my list is my Micromatic Open Comb using a Schick injector blade. I am sure something using the Feather AC blade will also be on my list someday, however with all the new models just released or soon to be released, I am holding off getting one.

At the moment the Weck Surgical Prep razor is my favorite. Weck be nimble, Weck be quick. I had said I would be buying a Rocnel sliding cap SE razor, but honestly it and some of the other modern SE razors seemed to have been designed by someone who has never shaved before. Am referring to the chunkiness of the head and the angle of the handle. Your preference may differ. The Weck and the Sharff leave the top of the blade out in the open and I've come to appreciate that aesthetic and would like to see one of today's makers offer something in that vein.

My beard is tough, so the Schick Injector Type E, Micromatic OC, and the Pal Adjustable are my favorites.

If I had a light beard, my favorite would be the Schick Injector with the tennis racket handle (the L-3 "The Grip" from 1973) or maybe the Schick Injector Type I.

Last edited:
Hi LOSERS, my favorite at the moment is one of my French Hoe razors(the Aiglon that I posted pics of earlier) really like using it with the provided wedge blade. A close second would be the Damaskeene loaded with a vintage GEM Double Life blade also loaded with a Gem Personna blade and third Wilkinson Pall Mall

SMOOTH SHAVING:thumbup1:

I have the following SE razors:

OneBlade
Mongoose B3
Alumigoose V2
Schick Injector Lady Eversharp
Ever Ready 1912
Autostrop VC2 gold

My favorite is the Oneblade, followed by the Schick. They are wonderful razors and I enjoy them very much.

I love my Injectors. They are perhaps the best SEs ever designed.

I also really like the GEM G-Bar best of the GEMs and Ever-Readys that I own. I find that GEMs and Ever-Readys are great shavers, but not quite as effortless as Injectors.

I use Ted Pella (Personna) Injector blades in my Injectors and GEM Stainless PTFE coated blades in my GEMs.

I don't have any modern SEs yet, but I want to get the Rocnel P.

Favorite? You mean, as in one? Out of my entire collection?

You've got to be joking! :w00t:

Single Edge encompasses such a wide variety of razors that I have to narrow it down further to even list a preference. To wit:

Favorite injector: Early Schick E2, PAL Injecto-Matic, PAL Adustable (in no particular order).

Favorite classic Gem style: Ever-Ready Improved 1912, Ever-Ready 1914, or Open Comb Damaskeene.

Favorite modern Artist Club blade razor: Toss-up between Cobra Classic and ATT SE1.

Favorite wedge blade razor: This one's tough. Earnst Scharff Rapide, C. V. Heljestrand, or L' Essor - I can't narrow it down any further than that, and I really should include my 1887 Kampfe Bros. Star.

Favorite Valet Auto-Strop: VB2.

More that should make the list: MMOC, Rolls Viscount, Wilkinson Empire, The Single Edge, Alumigoose 2, Ever-Ready 1924, Henckels Rapide.

Forget it! They're ALL my favorites! :thumbup:

--Bob

To hard to pick just one, most are great.
I do love my 1912s for my favorite, I'll go with my Ever Ready with the short travel version of the chain link handle.
Of the more aggressive ones I would go with the 1914.
Of the less aggressive I will definitely go for the G- bar.
I've recently started using injectors. I really like D, G, and I still haven't gotten an E. I don't care for anything newer than the I, the handles are just to long for me.
Edit: I almost forgot to say, the G.E. Jones Shake Sharp is an amazing razor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom