What's new

Your Favorite Method for Making Daily Coffee

What is your favorite way to make coffee (you may select more than one)?

• French Press

• Moka Pot

• Technivorm

• Chemex

• Aeropress

• Drip

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
When I was younger we had a series of drip machines with timers. Very nice to wake up to fresh coffee. Would usually make a full pot, turn it off, then nuke cups through the day.

For several years now we've been using a French Press. The first we had was a real cheapie. Worked okay, but there weren't quite enough threads on the end of the rod. The disc at the bottom kept coming loose. Not sure what the one after that was. It wasn't expensive, but was made much better. Alas, that one got broken. My wife picked up a Bodum. Since then we've seen a very nice, inexpensive pot at Ikea.

When drinking French Press coffee, I try to remember to swirl the coffee once in a while, to mix up the solids that settle to the bottom of the cup (fiber!). Otherwise, it's not "good to the last drop."

We've found this delightful coffee at a local, employee-owned grocery. Cameron's Velvet Moon! It's such a sweet, dark roast. You open the bag, see the glisten of the oils on the beans, take in a whiff of the aroma, imagine the taste of the caramelized sugars in the roast. Mmmmm....

We didn't know if it would be available in Arlington TX, where we're moving next week. I hadn't googled it yet, but I see it is available online! http://www.cameronscoffee.com/velvet-moon-2

For the past few months I have been grinding 45 grams of beans, then pouring in 72 oz of water.

The Bunn does the rest :001_smile

proxy.php

I drink a cup of coffee every morning on the way to work.
By far the quickest, easiest and most flavorful method for my tastes is a pour over.
I use a Bonavita to heat up the water to 204. An Encore to grind fresh roasted beans and a Hario filter cone.
When I want a full bodied cup and have the time to clean up the mess, i use a french press.

Noone's mentioned the humble coffee sock?

I'd post a picture, but the last time I posted it, I almost got banned & arrested. :lol:

Pour overs for me. I have a Gino glass dripper from notNeutral and a Clever coffee dripper. I primarily use the notNeutral but get good results from both.

In the morning, usually serbian coffee, it's an arabic coffee form (roasted and then finely ground coffee beans are aded to boiling water). During a day espresso shots. Both sugar and milk free:thumbup1:

I go Aeropress in the morning and Chemex in the afternoon if I'm around. Both are simple and relatively quick with minimal mess.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I love my Hario mini mill and Freiling stainless French press. That pair gets a workout just about every day.

Most mornings I use a Clever Coffee Dripper. Great coffee, reasonably fast, easy cleanup. I have moka pots and a couple of French press coffee makers, and they make great coffee, too, and retain the coffee beans' natural oil. But the CCD is 98 percent as good and much, much easier to clean as I'm running for the door.

I do drip because it is easy and I like drip coffee a lot, but if I weren't doing drip I would definitely be doing Chemex, as that makes the best-tasting drip coffee I have ever had. There's a reason Blue Bottle and others copied it for their "pourover method."

For most of my life I drank instant coffee and found it to be OK.

Now, I use a Mr. Coffee auto-drip. I like the programmable feature so that I can have a fresh pot waiting for me as soon as I wake up. It has a few other gizmos like a selection for strong brew which I always leave on, and an automatic clean cycle that I run about every other month.

The best coffee I've ever made at home is French Press. I'd use this every day if the clean-up procedure wasn't so much of a problem. Once I get a garbage disposal put in the sink, I'll use it more often on my days off, but I think the auto-drip will remain my go-to for work days.

I like the V60. It took me awhile to get a nice, smooth bodied extraction. Once I dialed in the variables, it's easily repeatable. I went so far as to get a TFS meter to get my water right. In California, the drought has made our water a step above sand. Between the r/o system and the tap I look for ~120ppm. It makes a difference if you like to geek out on stuff like that. You can bet that your third wave coffee shop does.

Right now, my favourite method is the french press, but I'm not a fan of the inexpensive (Ikea) one I picked up as it's already letting grounds through and then there's the cleanup afterwards... So I'm going to give the Clever coffee dripper a try, and if I like that I'll invest into a V60, and maybe even an Aeropress. V60 and Aeropress are mainly due to curiosity though.

Biggest thing for us with our coffee in the morning is convenience and ease of use, hence why eventually we'll pick up a Technivorm (and a decent electric conical burr grinder) for the morning coffee and then use a different device for when there's time to enjoy the 'ritual' of making a cup of coffee.

Right now, my favourite method is the french press, but I'm not a fan of the inexpensive (Ikea) one I picked up as it's already letting grounds through and then there's the cleanup afterwards... So I'm going to give the Clever coffee dripper a try, and if I like that I'll invest into a V60, and maybe even an Aeropress. V60 and Aeropress are mainly due to curiosity though.

V60, or even better, a full Chemex, will make as good a cup of coffee as it is possible to make. Good idea!

If you like press coffee and want a new one, when I was still doing that I loved this Bodum french press carafe. All stainless and insulated. You just need to let it build up a nice layer of coffee for a few days of rinsing only, then it is basically as good as a press gets, and large too.

I use a small drip on weekends at home. We have two coffee makers at work but I can't have caffeine, so I took in a french press. I grind beans before leaving for work, then I boil water in the microwave once I get in, fill my press, and off to the pharmacy to start my day. I really like the press and will probably get one for home.

V60, or even better, a full Chemex, will make as good a cup of coffee as it is possible to make. Good idea!

If you like press coffee and want a new one, when I was still doing that I loved this Bodum french press carafe. All stainless and insulated. You just need to let it build up a nice layer of coffee for a few days of rinsing only, then it is basically as good as a press gets, and large too.

A V60 or Chemex is definitely on my list, with bias leaning slightly towards the Chemex due to a few reasons, and the biggest one is simply the fact that you can get 8, 10, or even 13 cup sizes. If I'm going to be tied to something for several minutes to make coffee, it best be able to make coffee for myself and my husband, plus a guest or two if need be. ^_^

In fact, that's probably my biggest thing against the Aeropress... It's great for one, and MAYBE two cups, but if you want to fill two 20 Oz mugs with coffee you're in for a bit of a challenge if you want to be able to give everyone coffee around the same time.

I do like press coffee, but I've never tried it in any other form, so I don't know if it's preferred over say a Chemex. However, I will admit that I don't mind the extra dark oil that seems to collect in the bottom of the mug, but I definitely know I'm not a fan of getting grounds in my coffee (my Ikea press does this, but we've used it daily for three or four months now and the wear is starting to show with it). I don't count Keurig pods, because while they're great for convenience they leave a lot to desire when it comes to full on taste. That insulated Bodum is gorgeous!

If I had to choose any two methods sight unseen, I'd be hard pressed as to which ones to choose, but I'd probably lean towards wanting a Chemex as well as a nice french press, even though I want a Technivorm as well.

Top Bottom