What's new

Your Favorite Method for Making Daily Coffee

What is your favorite way to make coffee (you may select more than one)?

• French Press

• Moka Pot

• Technivorm

• Chemex

• Aeropress

• Drip

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
+1 Vac pot

Just order the size you need and no bigger. They work best at full volume, and it's better to have to brew more than to leave coffee sitting. Also, for me, it comes out screaming hot - so give it a minute before you start drinking. Finally, at least while you are dialing in your technique, a thermometer is essential in knowing when your upper-bowl water temp is right. I use one every time.

Easiest, Keurig...no doubt, and definitely one of the ways that I save enough time to be able to take longer shaving.
Tastiest, french press, Well made french press bold coffee in a glass mug can't be beat.

Do not use soap (or very little) when washing out coffee making equipment. If you must use soap rinse, rinse and rinse again. I use a drip machine with a thermal carafe.
Also make sure you make your coffee strong! You can always add hot water if it is really to strong.

Do not use soap (or very little) when washing out coffee making equipment. If you must use soap rinse, rinse and rinse again. I use a drip machine with a thermal carafe.
Also make sure you make your coffee strong! You can always add hot water if it is really to strong.

coffee can be too strong?old and bitter mabey but never too strong.

If I have the time, I use freshly ground coffee and a french presse. I also have an Aeropress and some Melitta pourover stuff, but am used to the presse, so I use that. If in a hurry and/or lazy, I use a Keurig machine with one of the better K cup brands that I've found. Also use the Keurig for decafe.

will i be shunned if i admit to using a nespresso machiene? other times particuarly if i am having a large brekfast/brunch ill go for my french press

It's interesting to see the French press in the lead. Everyone I know uses an electric drip. They all claim the press or vac is too slow.

It's interesting to see the French press in the lead. Everyone I know uses an electric drip. They all claim the press or vac is too slow.

I have anumber fo friends who use electric drip as their primary method but their favorite is still FP.... more of a weekend thing perhaps

I use a super automatic machine by Jurra the Cappresso line...
This puppy has a burr grinder, with proper dosage based on which button I sellect.
Presses the dosage, and 18 bar power pump – always high pressure brewed coffee with crema

These systems are not as good as a nice manually drawn shot, but for push button daily quickness, the coffee beats the hell out of Starbucks.

+1

And a good stainless steel one helps (I use a Frieling). I broke three glass ones and haven't had to replace the Frieling since.

With a French press, it's easy to get a strong cup of coffee, not possible with automatic drip machines.

French press is the way to go, IMHO.

The advantage of an electric drip is convenience - assuming you can get one to work for more than a year or doesn't drip every time you pour coffee (WHY, given the fact that we can now understand the universe, are coffee pots/carafes still dripping on the counter when you pour them???). What this means to at least two people I know is that you can fill up the pot the night before with coffee and water and it will make coffee at 445 am or whenever, just in time for you to come downstairs. I don't consider this to be good coffee - the grounds are stale after even a few hours exposed to the air, and the water is neither cold nor fresh. I just prefer the manual action of making really fresh coffee in the morning, as I'm feeding the dogs.

French press. I feel its the fullest coffee flavor, and having some grit and all the oils left in really helps out there! I grind, by hand, with my Hario Skerton with PFP lower bearing mod. Delicious coffee!

I just got a little Bodum Caffettiera 3-cup press in addition to my Bodum Chambord 8 cup. The little 3-cup is kinda cute, to be honest, the plastic is all green. Should make *just* enough coffee for one mug. $10 at a local supermarket chain, I literally could not walk away without putting one in my cart! And, of course, I got a bag of my usual beans: Peets Major Dickason! :) LOVE that coffee!

For the best tasting cup, I prefer pour-over with the Kalita Wave 185. For ease-of-use, early mornings and larger quantities, I use my Moccamaster KB-741 drip machine. The AeroPress is somewhere in between these two. Faster to brew with than the Kalita, but also not quite as tasty. Requires more involvement than the KB-741, but tastes a bit better.

My method is fresh hand ground beans and a stainless steel cafetiere.
Measure out quantities well and make sure the water is not too hot (as you can scald the coffee) and brew for adequate time.

That reminds me...need to buy coffee!!!

Top Bottom