What's new

Your Favorite Method for Making Daily Coffee

What is your favorite way to make coffee (you may select more than one)?

• French Press

• Moka Pot

• Technivorm

• Chemex

• Aeropress

• Drip

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I feel like I was in your exact position. I worked lots of hours, and have literally 7 coffee shops that I'd pass on my 7 min drive to work. I took pride in my coffee shop of the day.

I have all of the above coffee makers, and would use each of them occasionally, but never on a work day. It wasn't until i broke down and bought a drip coffee maker, which i'd refused to try in the past, that i started making coffee at home everyday.

I feel like I was in your exact position. I worked lots of hours, and have literally 7 coffee shops that I'd pass on my 7 min drive to work. I took pride in my coffee shop of the day.

I have all of the above coffee makers, and would use each of them occasionally, but never on a work day. It wasn't until i broke down and bought a drip coffee maker, which i'd refused to try in the past, that i started making coffee at home everyday.

The drip works well? It was the worst rancid oil offender back when I was making coffee.

If its a Vacpot the oil is up top. If its drip its everywhere. The vacpot requires more daily maintenance than a drip maker but routine weekly or monthly maintenance is nil and that being said the brew times are about the same but vacpot is makes the best of the worst bean unlike drip which takes the best bean and makes the worst of it. But of of course thats only my opinion.

has anyone ever tried river bank coffee?you take a pot of river water out of the river your camped by,then put it over the cook fire and when it boils put in your favorite coffee grind and let it boil till its done then to settle the grounds you put in a handfull of egg shells,talk about goood on a cold fall morning

If I keep visiting this forum, I envision a Vac pot and possibly a Technivorm in my future.

A Technivorm, no doubt a wonderful product, is just an auto drip coffee maker which does many things right (brewing temp, but convenience and carafe handling are average according to Consumer Reports). Check out the latest review at Consumer Reports for a listing of coffee makers that hit the magic 195 degree g spot and score better in other areas for substantially less. One factor that might sway me one way or the other would be longevity. But you can buy 6 of the top rated Mr. Coffee's compared to the mid-rated Technivorm. My oldest Mr. Coffee is running strong at 6 years old and gets close but doesn't hit 195F.

I use two auto-drips, two manual drips and a moka pot. You're asking which coffee maker will make a good, quick cup of coffee. I haven't found the maker to be the lowest common denominator. Fresh roasted made all of the makers make great coffee. Mediocre coffee wasn't significantly better in any of them (probable nod to the manual drip, thank you Jasonian).

For three months I made manual drip coffee each morning. The process took about 10 minutes. Auto drip is much faster. Moka pot is fast too... expect that I don't leave the kitchen while it's heating up, but I can do other stuff.

Good luck on your quest.

Steve

I usually purchase coffee on way to work, but when I make it at home I grind the beans just before using and use french press - soooo much better than purchased cups.

A Technivorm, no doubt a wonderful product, is just an auto drip coffee maker which does many things right (brewing temp, but convenience and carafe handling are average according to Consumer Reports). Check out the latest review at Consumer Reports for a listing of coffee makers that hit the magic 195 degree g spot and score better in other areas for substantially less. One factor that might sway me one way or the other would be longevity. But you can buy 6 of the top rated Mr. Coffee's compared to the mid-rated Technivorm. My oldest Mr. Coffee is running strong at 6 years old and gets close but doesn't hit 195F.

I use two auto-drips, two manual drips and a moka pot. You're asking which coffee maker will make a good, quick cup of coffee. I haven't found the maker to be the lowest common denominator. Fresh roasted made all of the makers make great coffee. Mediocre coffee wasn't significantly better in any of them (probable nod to the manual drip, thank you Jasonian).

For three months I made manual drip coffee each morning. The process took about 10 minutes. Auto drip is much faster. Moka pot is fast too... expect that I don't leave the kitchen while it's heating up, but I can do other stuff.

Good luck on your quest.

Steve

I'll be honest, the Technivorm's strongest selling point is that it looks great.

I've been enjoying the French Press this week although the stronger flavor does require some acclimation. I think my next item will be a vacuum pot. They seem to get universal praise.

I gave up buying electric coffee pots. I have this theory, given the number of pots that I've bought over the last five years, that it's all a communist plot to drive us crazy by producing coffee pots that all stop working within a year, and have leaking carafe lips/lids, etc. And they are all made in the same dismal factory somewhere in an obscure province in the PRC. Now, I use a gen-u-ine made in France french press - a Bodum Chambord (and you can get spare parts for it). And it requires no electricity, save for a stove to boil water. Or, in the event of a natural disaster, a campfire. It's so simple that I can't screw it up, which is perfect. Simple wins every time.

Top Bottom