What's new

Your Favorite Method for Making Daily Coffee

What is your favorite way to make coffee (you may select more than one)?

• French Press

• Moka Pot

• Technivorm

• Chemex

• Aeropress

• Drip

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Aeropress is great IMO. I don't drink coffee every single day so I is no big deal to me if it takes a little longer or there are more steps involved. I would guess it takes me about 7 minutes to have a cup of coffee in my Nissan tea tumbler (greatest container ever!!). I work on grinding the coffee and setting up the aeropress while the microwave is heating my water. Obviously it will take a while to develop a rhythm, but once you have used the press for a while you can brew pretty fast. I like dark roast coffee and I feel the aeropress does a magnificent job of brewing very smooth well rounded dark roast coffees.
One thing I think every one should at least try once is brewing a flavored coffee in the aeropress. I have drip/percolated/french pressed flavored coffees before, but they only seemed to have a good smell and the taste was pretty normal coffee taste. With the aeropress this is not so, caramel coffees taste quite good in my opinion.
I see many people here are in favor of the french press, I am not totally experienced using a french press. Having brewed with one probably 3 time by myself. I have drank a fair amount of french press coffee that my friend would make and we would drink together. I never was super thrilled about the coffee that he made. Maybe I should give the french press a fair shot on my own (using the two step method)

I'm a simple grind Colombian beans then drip guy. Also, my water is pure deep well water and that makes a big difference!

After reading about the Aeropress I had to try it out. It's been about three weeks and I donated my coffee pot to charity and mothballed the french press. This thing is just simply amazing. I will order the metal disk filter and try inverted Aeropress brewing soon because I have read so many great things about it.

Bottom line, the Aeropress makes the best cup of coffee I've ever had, including those from very expensive coffee makers at home.

In the morning the Techivorm gets a nod to make 1 litre. That gives us each two cups of great coffee. Coffee break or midday I grind something and use my Hario Siphon for a nice clean cup of coffee. Then I turn on my Rancilio to pulls shots for espresso, lattes or cappuccinos as required/desired.

I voted for a Chemex but if I drank only one or two cups I would probably go with an Aeropress. I find the Aeropress to be much easier to clean up then a French Press.
+1

The key is every day. I usually prefer the coffee from my moka, vacuum pot, or press, but they're all more work and some aren't as consistent. If my drain could stand the grounds, I'd use the press more often, but it can't even stand the fines, so I can't even strain it over the sink through a mesh strainer.

Espresso machine. Either a double or an americano.

I'm getting better with my non-pressurized portafilter:

proxy.php

Other-Vacpot Its 12minutes start to finish. About the same as my GE automatic coffee maker but 10x better. I also roast my own coffee in small quantities but Maxwell House tastes much better through a vacpot than coffeemaker.

Voted for "Other".

Other as in "Yes I would like a Italian Roast Grande made on the Clover Machine".

Then I hand the person behind the counter my Starbuck card.

+1

The key is every day. I usually prefer the coffee from my moka, vacuum pot, or press, but they're all more work and some aren't as consistent. If my drain could stand the grounds, I'd use the press more often, but it can't even stand the fines, so I can't even strain it over the sink through a mesh strainer.

And I thought coffee grinds helped clear drains...

I live in Florida and spend a lot of time in the summer in western North Carolina. In Florida the summer coffee is iced, just made with Taster's choice (iced coffee with cream just about wipes out all taste nuances for me). In FL in the other months or at all times in NC the real coffee comes out. I usually drink a couple of cappuccinos in the morning and a couple of double espressos in the evening. I've got a LaSpaziale Mini Vivaldi in FL and a Rancilio Sylvia in NC. I grind my own, currently leaning toward Velton's Bonsai Blend out of the Seattle area. If I want American style coffee, I'll either brew up an Americano or use a French Press and some 8 O'Clock - I use French Roast, Italian Roast or Columbian for that. If the espresso machine's out of order I'm perfectly happy with presspot coffee.

Top Bottom