What's new

Your Favorite Method for Making Daily Coffee

What is your favorite way to make coffee (you may select more than one)?

• French Press

• Moka Pot

• Technivorm

• Chemex

• Aeropress

• Drip

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Long ago I gave up making coffee at home for buying it on the run. No matter the method I used, eventually I'd end up with coffee that tasted of rancid oils. In some cases, that can be attributed to my dish washing skills, not the coffee maker.

I'd like to start making coffee at home again. (My dish washing skills haven't improved, but I have a dish washer.) I'll be making it in the morning before work so it should be simple and/or quick but not at the expense of taste. So I would like the opinion of B&B's coffee experts - what is your favorite way to make coffee every day?

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
In our home, we use our "Mr. Coffee" Automatic Drip Coffee Machine. :lol1:

Waking up to a cup of Yauco Selecto Gourmet Ground Coffee from Puerto Rico (4 Tbsp of coffee per 12 cups of water), is primo.
proxy.php

Christopher
proxy.php
"I never drink coffee at lunch. I find it keeps me awake for the afternoon". President Ronald Reagan

Attachments

• $coffee.jpg
    $coffee.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 407
You just can't beat a French Press for home coffee. I'm sure there are some very expensive coffee machines that are the bee's knees, but it would be very hard to improve on the FP. There are a couple of things to keep in mind. First, only use very coarse grind, freshly roasted coffee beans. Second, it's a 2 step brewing process. The coffee grinds float on the hot water and make a cake-like top that needs to be broken up. So, only fill the carafe about 2/3-3/4 full with hot water, let it brew for about 1:30, stir it up to completely to get all the coffee exposed to the water, top it off with more hot water, and let it brew another ~2:30 (depending on your preference). Press and pour it all off into another carafe or thermos (my fave). You can add more water to it if it's too strong.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Moka pot everyday. I have a small 2 espresso cups moka pot.

If quick is what your after, then a drip machine with a timer is what you need. That way the coffee will be there when get up.

For good and quick, a French press is the best bet, especially with fresh ground beans. And it doesn't have to be an expensive Bodum, other brands work just as well An Aeropress is a little faster and some think superior to other methods.

I think I'll be trying out a French Press this weekend. My previous experiences with it weren't great but I wasn't using a two step brewing method either. Thanks guys!

Cold brew made weekly (toddy) so all I have to do is pour some in the mug and add additional hot water. Or if I run out before making the next batch I pull out the aeropress.

Lewis

I voted for a Chemex but if I drank only one or two cups I would probably go with an Aeropress. I find the Aeropress to be much easier to clean up then a French Press.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Long ago I gave up making coffee at home for buying it on the run. No matter the method I used, eventually I'd end up with coffee that tasted of rancid oils. In some cases, that can be attributed to my dish washing skills, not the coffee maker.

I'd like to start making coffee at home again. (My dish washing skills haven't improved, but I have a dish washer.) I'll be making it in the morning before work so it should be simple and/or quick but not at the expense of taste. So I would like the opinion of B&B's coffee experts - what is your favorite way to make coffee every day?

I am with you Henry, I go to Starbucks, I love their Iced Coffee.

In the morning during the week I'll either pull some double espresso shots on a lever espresso machine (and make the Wife an Americano for her commute) or I'll make a Chemex using a metal Coava Coffee Kone filter which is similar to French Press in terms of body and oils but with less sediment and easier clean-up.

On the weekends, I like to make a siphon (vac pot) using a glass filter rod (Pyrex lock in) for a nice, clean cup but don't have time for this luxury during the week.

Top Bottom