What's new

Your favorite menthol aftershave

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I bought menthol crystals and added to my witch hazel it makes my eyes water so much that you'd think my dog had just died

Oleo is stronger and better quality imo I honestly gave away my CF soap and AS as the smell was giving me a headache. If I had to pick one aftershave/soap it would be Polar.

I agree 100%. I am a big menthol fan and have tried many metholated products. Stirling Glacials are my favorite due to the scents mixed with the great menthol feel but if you want the strongest burn, it's Oleo's Polar after shave. I bought a backup bottle of Polar when I heard it would be discontinued. I don't use Cryogen any longer. Some of the synthetic cooling products are nice as they last longer than mentholated after shaves.

One I make myself….alotttt of menthol crystals…face chills for up to 1 hr afterwards 😂 yea it’s nuts….mixed it with a few bottles of clubman and phew it really kicks that scent up a few notches
1 hour wow how much menthol you put in there? I have 2oz crystals. I probably used quite a bit already. I think it probably takes a lot of crystals to even get close to cryogens level.

1 hour wow how much menthol you put in there? I have 2oz crystals. I probably used quite a bit already. I think it probably takes a lot of crystals to even get close to cryogens level.
Hmm I’d probably say a 2 oz bag and a slightly smaller bag I can’t remember the size exactly lol I may of found somebody in aus that has insanely strong menthol crystals I’m not sure as not all crystals are equal some peoples are stronger than others ….but it’s good stuff for hot weather

Attachments

• 1E7DCE7B-6E55-4181-81F9-E7816CD4B804.jpeg
    1E7DCE7B-6E55-4181-81F9-E7816CD4B804.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 19
Last edited by a moderator:
Texas 10X Face Freezer - roll your own!
View attachment 1306058
The 50ml vodka mini was a gift my wife received. They run $1 at the liquor store. I put in 0.5 gram of menthol crystals and tossed in a mint leaf from the garden to give it a green tinge. It will freeze your face, affordably.

Texas 10X FF will give you a clean, straight menthol hit. Of course, you can add menthol crystals to any aftershave you like, if you think it will benefit from the boost.

I have mixed up a big bottle of 50/50 Osage Rub and Dickinson's toner. It is known as Richard's Rub in my den. It gets a lot of use.
Is it safe putting liquor on your face? Just seems odd to use alcohol as a fragrance in an aftershave when most people use mouthwash to hide the smell of alcohol lol

I'm not a huge fan of menthol, and certainly don't want face-numbing cold, but I do like Aqua Velva Ice Blue in the summer. The chill fades within minutes, and it leaves a nice clean scent after dry-down. Good stuff.

Top Bottom