What's new

Your favorite local brewery

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Troegs originally in Harrisburg, moved to Hershey a few years ago. Pale Ale year around. Sunshine Pils for spring through summer

"The enjoyment of Guinness consumed in Ireland was ratedhigher (74 mm VAS) than outside Ireland (57 mm; P < 0.001). This difference remained statistically significant afteradjusting for researcher, pub ambience, Guinness appearance, and .... "

I'm going to say Cricket Hill, not necessarily because I enjoy their beer (I do), but because about two weeks ago, my wife and I went to a local distillery to take a tour and get some samples (it's actually the first new distillery in NJ since prohibition). While we were waiting for the tour to start, several people started coming in, having just left the Cricket Hill brewery (which is only a 5 minute drive from the distillery). We started talking to a very nice older gentleman, who turned out to be the owner of Cricket Hill. Super nice guy, very passionate about what he does, and about improving the reputation of NJ beers throughout the country.

Don't drink much beer these days. But when we do, Red Hook is our go-to brewery here in Seattle (and we have a lot of choice)!

Ditto that Jim..
I'll actually be in Flagstaff next month for a wedding, are there any local producers there that you'd recommend keeping an eye out for and/or visiting?

Four Peaks Brewery has a number of good beers. Also, if you can find it Oak Creek makes some good beers as does San Tan. Four Peaks can be found almost everywhere. My two favorites are listed above. All of the Oak Creek beers are good particularly their ales. Here are the San Tan selections. I've had the Devils and Wheat and both are good.

proxy.php

Devil's Ale

HopShock IPA

HefeWeizen Wheat

SunSpot Gold

Epicenter Amber Ale

Negro Nitron Black I.P.A.

Gordo Stout

Two Breweries in northern Ohio that stand out.. Great Lakes.. I like Eliot Ness and Dortmunder year round. They have excellent seasonal offerings, right now it is Oktoberfest and in a few months it will be Christmas Ale. Another smaller brewery is Fat Heads.. I see you like IPAs and they have one called Headhunter that has won several awards. Not that far of a road trip to Ohio .. You can grab lunch at Great Lakes and then check out the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.. Makes for a great day if you are into music.. If not and you are into Football the Pro Football Hall of Fame is another choice.. For arts the Cleveland Museum of Art is world class.. Something for all..

Have to say Revolution here in Chicago. Although an argument can be made for Goose Island or Three Floyds in NW Indiana.

$RBC_Logo_Star_Sq_2.0-8.jpg

Last edited:
Locally Mayflower Brewery and Jack's Abbey.

Sam Adams original brewery is about 5 miles away from my house in Jamaica Plain at the old Haffenreffer plant. Today it's Sam's test and small batch brewery. They also have one of the best brewery tours around with knowleble, entertaining tour guides followed by rather generous beer tastings.

Best Brewery in my live - Schillings in Littleton, NH.

NEBCO. New England Brewing Company. They also can products of Lawson's out of Vermont at their brewery. So lots to choose. If I could name only one from each NEBCO: Sea Hag IPA, Lawson's: Sip of Sunshine.

That's a tough call. Great Lakes, Lagerheads, Fatheads, and Thirsty Dog are all close by and all of them have some pretty great beers.

Four Peaks Brewery has a number of good beers. Also, if you can find it Oak Creek makes some good beers as does San Tan. Four Peaks can be found almost everywhere. My two favorites are listed above. All of the Oak Creek beers are good particularly their ales. Here are the San Tan selections. I've had the Devils and Wheat and both are good.
Jim thanks for these, much appreciated and I'll definitely look to check them out.

Top Bottom