• Folgers

• Maxwell House

• Taster's Choice

• Other

• Never drink Instant Coffee

Results are only viewable after voting.
I actually like it a lot.
It is a different taste, but with some cream it is my backup coffee when I do
not have my drip maker handy or I am just lazy.

proxy.php
I used to keep a bottle around for baking. Never really drank it. Since getting a better grinder, I found that just grinding beans very fine works well.

The best instant I've had is nescafe, but it goes downhill fast after opening the bottle. Fast as in a day or two. Haven't tried other freeze dried brands or the starbucks. Just don't see the point.

I've been drinking Moccona at home, i.e. either the light roast or the medium roast version (depending on what's available).

I've tried plunger coffee but it seems very weak.

loving this thread. I had no idea that so many brands make an instant. After my family finishes off the pot, I tend to drink instant instead of brewing a whole new pot. So I just suffer through a few cups of nescafe. Gonna hit the grocery tomorrow to try bustello, and Trader Joe's to try their instant.

Sorry to bring up this old thread, but I just tried Starbucks VIA. This is great. Especially compared to the crap Folgers we drink en masse at work. I run the Bunn at work, and no one seems to want to try anything new. I'll be the only one drinking this. I won't tell, because then I won't make any money.:biggrin1:

Sorry to bring up this old thread, but I just tried Starbucks VIA. This is great. Especially compared to the crap Folgers we drink en masse at work. I run the Bunn at work, and no one seems to want to try anything new. I'll be the only one drinking this. I won't tell, because then I won't make any money.:biggrin1:
I agree that Starbucks' VIA is the best instant I've ever tasted. IMHO, it tastes better than a lot of other brands freshly brewed.

Big kudos to them for packaging individual sized servings. Every other instant starts to go stale and rancid a few days after you open the jar. With VIA, you get a fresh tasting cup every time.

My only complaint, and the reason I stopped buying it, was that it was so expensive. Even with the 10% discount I got on my Starbucks Card, and buying the 12-packs at $9.99, I was still paying over 75 cents a cup. That's too rich for my blood, when I can get a very good cup of Trader Joe's instant at less than 10 cents a cup. Even at that price, a lot of brands are cheaper than TJ's, but I can easily afford a dime a day for my breakfast coffee.

i voted for via -- but always buy the espresso from starbucks (iced americano no water extra ice 5-6 shot!)

the via was the best instant i ev:tongue_sm er tasted...

Actually there really is no need to go full Instant coffee. Folgers makes Tea Bag coffee singles that take the same amount of time to make an instant cup... you have to heat the water regardless... and a few dips of the Coffee/Tea bag makes a great cup in a pinch.

I think Folger's Singles (coffee in a "tea" bag) is a great "instant" coffee compared to that in the jar. Yes, I prefer fresh ground, brewed coffee. But if I have to go instant, I prefer Folger's Singles.

When I drink regular instant coffee, I use no water, just straight milk (skim or 2%). It's kind of like hot chocolate. Interestingly, I generally don't use milk/cream when I drink brewed coffee.

I like to most Nesecafe coffee. I really like that test...
I regularly take 3 times in a day, 1 morning 1 cup 2 afternoon 1 cup 3 evening 1 cup

but I like to take some times...

Folgers
Maxwell House

I just don't go for instant. In an absolute pinch I will use Tasters Choice. The last time was about 8 months ago.

I have not had a cup of instant coffee in over 15 years, but it sounds like the choices are a little better than they used to be.

Top Bottom