What's new

Your favorite in the collection?

For a more classic fountain pen design a Nakaya Portable Writer Midori-tamenuri is high on my wish list. Being compatible with Platinum cartridges it would be another practical and understated option.

BEABFCBF-518E-42C4-B09D-C9B9968CFB55.jpeg

Ok, I’ll play. There are several aiming for that top spot and for one reason or another, each could be selected. My pick is not the best in any one area, but is the best overall package - the Tibalde Transparente.

This is my new favorite that arrived recently. An Omas grand paragon in aubergine. I am still in awe of how beautiful this pen plays with the light. The third picture is for size comparison -- it's a pretty good sized pen w/o being overly heavy. I'm in love (but will still not agree to throw out all my other pens which is just mean).
IMG_0311[1].JPG
IMG_0312[1].JPG

IMG_0314[1].JPG
FYI -- the duPont Olympio is an XL and the MB is a 149 (along withe the KoP and Platinum Izumo)

Lamy 2000 Fine

Great pen, flies under the radar and never misses a beat. Classic design, platinum plated gold nib, piston filler, easy to disassemble, interchangeable nib, large ink capacity, click cap. What’s not to like?

View attachment 1281787
I just (became aware -- I know, late to the party again) ordered some de Atramentis scented inks and can't wait to try them out.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I have three cheap workhorses. A Wing Sung Demonstrator, and Ohto Tasche, and a Baoer 388. I do own other fountain pens, but these three do the bulk of the work, and it is from these three that I'd have to chose the one this thread calls for. I like these three so much, I have multiple spares of two of them. All are comfortable for extended periods of writing, and have served me very well over the last three years.

For the sake of this exercise though, I only need to look at the practicalities of filling.

The demonstrator can't use cartridges, and is a pain in the padded area when the ink level drops low in the bottle. If I kept that one, I wouldn't be able to use half the ink that's here. I also prefer a metal bodies pen if I'm leaving the house with it. So that one's out.

The Tasche only takes cartridges, as its too short in the body for a converter. While I could refill them all with syringe, I'm going to call that a single fill option again. Being small, it's easily misplaced, and I don't have spares of this one.

So the Baoer 388 gets the call by default. Metal bodied, takes long or short cartridges, also takes converters, and is capable of being eye-droppered, if I was into that sort of thing. Not sure if this is allowed in this "game", but I have four spares too, in case calamity occurs. Why did I get five of them? There was a deal on ebay a few years ago, and I got all five for £9 including delivery.

Top Bottom