What's new

Your favorite handle for your R41 ?

I wonder what you R41 owners out there prefer as your favorite handle for your precious R41 cutter - I have the Grande handle on it, and while it does feel far better than the stock shorter R41 handle, it still does not feel like a high quality handle, so I wonder what everyones favorite handle is for the R41 ?

I have used the head in my Mühle Sophist black Resin handle, and will also test it in both the Stylo handle and the Chatworth Barley, once I get these in from shaving.ie :w00t:

Anyone know if I can buy an Ikon Bulldog or Tandere handle in a European Online store some where - I find it expensive having to shell out $39.95 for a handkle, and then having to pay $30-40 for shipping and $30 in fee to the tax guys in Denmark - making a handle cost me over $100 alone.......

But what handle do you prefer in your R41 ?

iKon Bulldog, but as you mentioned, not great for you given shipping...that's a bummer. Maybe some others know of a closer vendor for you?

Anyone know if I can buy an Ikon Bulldog or Tandere handle in a European Online store some where - I find it expensive having to shell out $39.95 for a handkle, and then having to pay $30-40 for shipping and $30 in fee to the tax guys in Denmark - making a handle cost me over $100 alone.......

But what handle do you prefer in your R41 ?
http://www.shaveandmore.com/en/de-safety/335-ikon-bulldog-handle.html

A Dutch site, 57.50 euros for the handle, 8.75 euros shipping within the EU, free shipping over 75 euro. I have never dealt with them though, so I cannot vouch for them.

I have used the Tradere handle and it is quite an improvement over the stock handle. It is both heavier and longer. Makes the R41 a great shaver.

Have you asked Weber how much to ship one of their bulldog handles? It will be very similar to the iKon...I think a tad heavier.

http://www.weberrazor.com/products

Thanks for the tip :001_smile

How would you rate the Weber handle up against the Ikon Bulldog quality and weight wise ?

http://www.shaveandmore.com/en/de-safety/335-ikon-bulldog-handle.html

A Dutch site, 57.50 euros for the handle, 8.75 euros shipping within the EU, free shipping over 75 euro. I have never dealt with them though, so I cannot vouch for them.

Thanks for the link, will look at it and see if it's worthwhile buying from them :thumbup1:

I have used the Tradere handle and it is quite an improvement over the stock handle. It is both heavier and longer. Makes the R41 a great shaver.

Really like the Tradere handle as it's a bit longer than the bulldog, and I like longer handles, but maybe just in the case of the R41, I could prefer a shorter handle for this particular aggressive R41......

The chrome Chatsworth handle. I used it this morning actually.

I just ordered the Chatsworth Barley from shaving.ie (The matter version with pattern) - and intend to use it with both the mild R89 head and the 'crazy' R41 head from time to time. Do you like the shave you get with this combo - and do you also change between the R89 standard head in it and the R41 head ?
Is the chrome version of the Chatsworth a bit slippery or is it not an issue ?

The Edwin Jagger Georgian has become my favorite handle based on comfort and control. It's not the prettiest handle, but it fits my hand perfectly. I bought a second Georgian razor specifically so that I can use the handle on other razors.

I just ordered the Chatsworth Barley from shaving.ie (The matter version with pattern) - and intend to use it with both the mild R89 head and the 'crazy' R41 head from time to time. Do you like the shave you get with this combo - and do you also change between the R89 standard head in it and the R41 head ?
Is the chrome version of the Chatsworth a bit slippery or is it not an issue ?

I didn't like the R89 head at all so I sold it off with the R41 handle.

The chrome version of the Chatsworth is not slippery at all. I've never had to dry off my hands even.

Ikon OCC handle. Just like Feather's only slightly longer and heavier. Excellent grip and balance. The R41 Grande stock handle is also nice.

I have a lined chrome Jagger Chatsworth. I love the razor, but the Georgian is a better balanced handle and is much cheaper. If you want to spend "Chatsworth" money on a handle, consider the Jagger lined Bulbous.

Top Bottom