What's new

Your Favorite Cup (Or Mug)

Do you have a special attachment to, or preference for, a particular cup or mug? If you do post up a picture of 'ol reliable! It doesn't have to be a Royal Dalton, or Wedgwood. It can be just a pedestrian cup that you prefer to all others. It can even be the one at the office that has "Wold's Greatest Dad" printed on it.
My "go to" cup is Pyrex, and has served me faithfully for 30+ years. It's served me countless gallons of coffee, good, bad, and ugly. It has even served as a shaving mug on occasion. It has steamed many sea miles with me through 4 oceans and 5 seas.
Am I obsessing about an inanimate object?... Well yea, I probably am. But you do have to admit that there is something about a familiar object that you've had around for awhile.

Mine is a diner-style mug that I got from Victrola Coffee in Seattle. Has a great, thick handle that fits my finger perfectly. They only make them in a 15oz size now, so I'm trying to delay breaking it for as long as possible.

Ben

I'm a big Battlestar Galactica fan.

proxy.php

I have two. The first is a modern-day "Alice in Wonderland" cup and the second is an August 1927 Syracuse China mug I got off of eBay. The Syracuse actually cost me less than the Alice but I think it is much classier.

Razors that need stropping go in first mug; shave-ready in the second. I don't use either for soap. That's a Grelot on the left and a Revisor on the right.

Former favorite cup. Used many times before it suddenly stopped working. :sad: The flared edge and thin porcelain made it a pleasure to drink from and it retained heat well.
proxy.php

I made this coffee cup a a few years ago as a pottery project. I've made some more elaborate things since, but I've always liked the simplicity of this one: both the shape and the plain black glaze. It is my morning companion almost every day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not savvy enough to post pics but my favorite is my Initech mug (think Office Space) that I use at work. Sometimes I wear straps and a white cuff/collared shirt just to complete the look :thumbup:

I have two, one is the brass knuckles mug from Think Geek, and the other is a glass mug with a medallion of a Lancaster Bomber on it I got from the Bomber Command Museum in Nanton Alberta.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Two favs for me. The one in the pic is REALLY OLD. it was one of those mugs the folks never used over the years. then i snagged it as i noticed it was made in China, can't be that valuable right??. the other is a green Life's Good mug with a golf stick dude on it. I dont even golf, i just bought it because i went in to a Binks Outfitters and just HAD to leave with something.

My favorite isn't a mug, but a travel container. It's a cheap, Bubba insulated 16oz travel mug. It cost me all of $8 and it keeps my coffee warm enough to drink for 4-5 hours, depending on how often I open it. It lets me sip coffee before we step to the jet to go fly and still gives me warm coffee to finish off a few hours after take off. It's been all over the US and down to South America with me, and it's slotted for a trip to the middle east pretty soon. I dont' have a pic, but it's a standard silver mug with black Bubba markings, but scratched all to hell from my pocket zippers.

My favorite would have to be:
$IMG_0784.jpg
I've had it for three years. It is actually a replacement of one that I used for nearly ten years before it died a horrible death. I went to a local potter with the pieces and he made the one I use now.

My second favorite:

$IMG_0787.jpg

$IMG_0786.jpg
I only use for travel and is a recent acquisition. So far I am very impressed. It is 16oz and it was $38 but it had excellent reviews. So far it has not leaked one drop and that includes being full and rolling around in my breifcase. It is vacuum insulated and keeps liquids hot for at least 6 hours. I left it for 14 hours full of coffee once and it was still comfortably warm when I tried it. The top fiips open with a press of a button and it includes a lock mechanism to prevent unintentional opening.

Top Bottom