What's new

Your favorite cheap aftershave

Im looking for a cheap aftershave. $10 and lower
preferrably a balm or lotion, because i'm not a fan of splashes.

Though I don't consider it a balm or lotion, Masters Bay Rum says it's an after shave lotion. It does have alcohol, but doesn't have nearly the sting of others. Plus it feels like it has quite a lot of glycerin and/or other moisturizers in it.

For under $10, I'd use cheap witch hazel followed by a nice, non-greasy and unscented cream, like Alba at Whole Foods.

Barbasol Brisk. Masters Lilac Vegetal (seems to last longer than other Master's stuff). This will probably crack some people up, but the final one would be Afta. I actually like the smell of Afta (leather-spice), and it does sooth my face (albiet the ingredients look chemically imposing :lol: ).

Non splash

Barbasol Pacific Rush Balm ~ $2
Nivea for Men Sensitive After Shave Extra Soothing Balm ~ $7

Homemade : Cornhuskers + Aloe Vera Gel + Witch Hazel

Last edited:
...This will probably crack some people up, but the final one would be Afta. I actually like the smell of Afta (leather-spice), and it does sooth my face (albiet the ingredients look chemically imposing :lol: ).

Even stranger, I'd add a +1 to that Afta recommendation. It's all I used for 30+ years of shaving and my face is none the worse for it. Cheap and cheerful.

Nivea Sensitive ASB.

...And if you're looking for something with a little more "class", this would be my choice. It also has a very non-intrusive scent which won't conflict with anything else you're wearing.

If you're looking for something with a little more "zing" to it, Barbasol Pacific Rush ASB is a nice, inexpensive choice as well, but I have no personal experience with it. There you go: you could probably pick up all three and still have some change left over from that ten dollar bill.:thumbup1:

+1 Thank you Wingnut, I needed the support. The Afta is good, it's cooling, and darn if it don't work pretty good.

superior 70 bay rum.....$2.50 ,many wallgreens ,etc,usually in the ethnic section,very clean bay rum as at low low price

The C.O. Bigelow Elixir Series aftershave balms from Bath & Body Works are pretty effective.
They're $10, but frequently on sale.

*edited to add* I just looked at B&BW and the Bigelow sites, and couldn't find them. Are they discontinued?

Nivea Sensitive after shave balm. I also like the L'oreal balm.

FYI, in the aftershave world, lotion = splash. If you don't like splashes, look for the word "balm."

Top Bottom