What's new

Your favorite car

I have owned dozens of cars throughout the years. I was thinking the other day of all the cars I owned, which cars were my favorite. I have come down to 2 cars that I wish I still owned.

One of my favorites was my 1977 Porsche 911 Targa. This car was really neat. It drove like a maniac and hugged the road. The only downside was maintenance. It was expensive and typically took a week to get it out of the shop.

The second car I wish I still owned was a 1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer. This Jeep gulped gas but was very comfortable. It had plenty of space and I rarely had any mechanical problems. I could do tuneups myself and the finish was well done. Unfortunately, it was totaled in a wreck in 1990. I wish I had replaced it.

What are your favorite cars?

I think I liked my 1967 Karmann Ghia best. A load of fun to drive. This is not actually mine, but it looked exactly the same. Mine went to Ghia Heaven long ago. Crushed up against a tree by a 1958 Chevy while parked on the street outside a bar.

Are these cars we own? Or just in general. I've only owned two cars so far and my favourite is my current car: a 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS (10th Anniversary OZ Racing Edition). My favourite in general? A 1999 Mitsu Eclipse GSX. If you don't know, my current (GS) is FWD/non-turbo. The GSX is AWD/Turbo. One day.

My second car and Mustang: 1996 Fastback. Wish I wasn't a poor college student when I sold it. :bored:

proxy.php

My first car sadly. 1987 lebaron
proxy.php

Plopped a good amount of money into that car(half repairs half 'upgrades') by the end it was an awesome sleeper but it got totaled by some Jack*** in a truck.

I'm torn between two I've owned or still own:
1986 Mazda p/u which I wish I still had
1986 MB 560SL which I still own

....for obviously different reasons.

The second car I wish I still owned was a 1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer. This Jeep gulped gas but was very comfortable. It had plenty of space and I rarely had any mechanical problems. I could do tuneups myself and the finish was well done. QUOTE]

I had a Grand Wagoneer like that! I really enjoyed driving it. The dark brown paint was faded but there was no rust and the leather seats were in pretty good shape. It had been a trade in at the dealership I had worked at. The only bad part was that it was an '84 with the six cylinder. It ran really well and the 4 wheel drive was beautiful, but going up long grades was a challenge.

My overall favorite was a 1960 New Yorker sedan I bought in the '80s. The car was in fantastic condition, a two tone beige with a rose painted roof and factory air. It had big fins and boomerang shaped tailights and was plain fun to drive. Always got lots of looks. Wish I still had it but I had to sell it when I got laid off. I tracked down the buyers several years ago and discovered that they eventually sold the car to a company in California that provides classic automobiles to movie studios.

WOW! I thought I was the only one who loved his 1987 Grand Wagoneer! Mine was white with tan leather interiors-I loved that car but finally traded it in when it was costing too much each month to keep going. My son still grieves its passing. My second favorite was a 1982 SAAB 900 Turbo-it was like driving a rocket powered vault-rock solid, safe, fast, great in snow, I loved its looks and the sound of the turbo. It finally just started falling apart-I switched to Subarus and have been happily trouble free since.

I had a 1977 VW Scirocco. The stock engine had been replaced with a GTI engine. Most fun car I have ever had. I drove it until there was nothing left.

(Photo is the right color, but not my photo.)

My wife liked my 1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD. My favorite was a 1998 BMW M3 coupe. Both were great drivers cars but the BMW was the easiest car to drive fast of any I've driven. The only problem with it became apparent during Ohio winters. It turned into a 3000 pound sled with even a dusting of snow.

A 1993 McLaren F1 in magnesium silver, Jaguar XJ220, McLaren MP4/12c, Koenigsegg CCX, 1987 Mercedes 190E, Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins, Pagani Zonda F, 1971 Plymouth 'Cuda 426 Hemi vitamin-c shaker hood, TVR Speed 12 Cerbrera, heck any TVR, 1964 Ferrari 250 GTO, what can I say I like the exotics, and finally my 2006 VW Jetta which is unfortunately no longer mine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom