What's new

your favorite bath soap... looking for reccomendations

Best scent , great lather, very VERY hard to find...
Pine_Gems_Essence_Pino_Bar_Soap.jpg

Pino Silvestre also make a sensational shaving soap.
Yes, it's a very nice soap, but I get more of a rosemary scent with it.. The Pine Gems bath bar really puts out the sweet aroma of a fresh cut pine tree, they use the real essence and plenty of it....Somebody needs to make a cream and stick with this Pine Gems scent.

TRUE Savon de Marseille… :001_wub: Marius Fabre, Fer à Cheval, La Corvette and Le Serial. These French gems are so great that my family and me have not been using anything else in the last two years!
Hey! Fer à Cheval Genuine Marseille Soap Olive Oil 250g Bar (Set of 3) - https://frenchdrygoods.com/products/fer-a-cheval-genuine-marseille-soap-olive-oil-250g-bar

Is this a legit savon de Marseille? Your comments have made me feel like I'm gonna end up buying a counterfeit lol

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
As soon as the criteria was triple milled under $10...that really narrows the field. Pre de Provence? St. John's makes a great triple-milled bar soap, but it's expensive...big bar though.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Thanks! Hoping it works put. Really need a quality go to bath soap!
Sir, just do not expect this to be perfumed. The genuine "Savon de Marseille" is fragrance-free and has (to my nose) a light ash-like scent.

Quality is not an object of discussion here, this is the TRUE bath soap and has been proudly produced in the ancient century-old method for over 600 years.

Sir, just do not expect this to be perfumed. The genuine "Savon de Marseille" is fragrance-free and has (to my nose) a light ash-like scent.

Quality is not an object of discussion here, this is the TRUE bath soap and has been proudly produced in the ancient century-old method for over 600 years.
Following the line of "tradition", Yardley's Original English Lavender soap would also be a nice choice.

Yeah me too but boy did I love that Irish Spring smell in the morning - that and Coast (neither of which is good for your skin).

I only use unscented products so that may limit some peoples interest.

We use Nablus (Palestinian) soap. Also called Al Jamal and/or "Camel" soap. $4 to $6 dollars per bar, depending on quantity ordered, on the "jungle website."
Contains: Virgin Olive Oil, water, baking soda. That's it. Cleans well, very moisturizing, and no funky smell. It is dried for months and lasts for a couple months at least, with two people using it daily. The bars are not so large as to be ungainly. But, still pretty big.

I also like Dr. Bronner's bar soap. It cleans really well, lathers easy. However, as it has coconut oil, it dries my wife's skin.

We have also tried Alleppo soap and French and Greek olive oil soaps. My wife did not like the scent. I cannot blame her.

Last edited:
For a long time PdP milk soap was the one I swore by but it got too expensive so I've spent the last year looking for a suitable replacement. As it turns out my answer was found on the grocery store shelf. Good old Dove soap is my new daily soap and not only do I love it but it is readily available everywhere and cheap.

Mitchell's Wool Fat bath soap is rather good but not the longest lasting. TOBS Sandalwood bath soap is superb, smells bloody fantastic and lasts ages.

Sterling soap is amazing. If you like dr bronner style soap try chiseled face liquid soaps, they are great and the scent sticks with you threw the day.

Top Bottom