What's new

your favorite bath soap... looking for reccomendations

A long time ago I used Safeguard but a doctor told me it was drying out my skin and to stop using it. I also remember Irish Spring making me feel...icky...maybe really dry, after using it. That feeling is because the soap stripped away natural oils?

I've been using Dove for Men for years but wouldn't mind trying out something else. But I'm not sure what's in Safeguard or Irish Spring that I need to stay away from in other soaps.

I'm thinking about trying something like Duke Cannon or Olivina Ginger Beer.

I got a sample bar of Speik and bought a 3 pack. It seemed the hotel sized sample bar I thought had a better smell than the big bar. I do like the scent but don't really care for the tacky feeling afterwards. There are a number of soaps I don't use because of that very feeling. I am a Dove for Men user. Been going to try the Duke Cannon or even the PdP no 63 since I have the shave soap but haven't gotten around to buying either.

I have recently tried Duke Cannons, Real. Manly. Soap. from wetshavingproducts, and the bar soap from kiehls. Liked them all!

I really like Speik, Pre de Provence No. 63, and a new one I am currently enjoying is a Cremo Bourbon and Oak bath bar. I found a large bar of the Cremo soap with a 16 oz bottle of matching body wash for $9.99 at meijer (like Walmart only cleaner)

I have a soap rotation. They are :
Dr Bronner Rose Soap
Every Man Jack's Sandalwood Body Wash
L'Occitane Shea Verbena soap
Duke Cannon Milwaukee's Best Soap
A generic Kroger moisturizing body wash
I will sometimes add in a Mysore Sandalwood Soap.

A long time ago I used Safeguard but a doctor told me it was drying out my skin and to stop using it. I also remember Irish Spring making me feel...icky...maybe really dry, after using it. That feeling is because the soap stripped away natural oils?

I've been using Dove for Men for years but wouldn't mind trying out something else. But I'm not sure what's in Safeguard or Irish Spring that I need to stay away from in other soaps.

I'm thinking about trying something like Duke Cannon or Olivina Ginger Beer.
May I recommend Chagrin Valley if you are looking for a soap that works well and does not dry out your skin.
Natural Soap

I buy a from a local vendor. It's just nice to help out local soap makers. It's called indigo wild if you like bar soap.

Striling has a wide variety of bath soap and now several shampoo bars. Nicely priced and great service too.

If you have a Trader Joe's close by they have a number of good soaps in stock. My favorite is Bisous De Provence Lavender followed closely by their store branded oversized savon de france Oatmeal Exfoliant.

Mitchell’s Wool Fat makes a great bath bar that WCS & Maggard both stock.
It’s 150g for around $7. It’s the perfect add on when you want to hit the free shipping mark.
That is a great tip! I am often wondering what to purchase to meet the shipping threshold. Thank you for sharing.

I've been using Soap Works bars since the 80's, current favourites are Emu Oil & Evening Primrose Oil, used the Chamomile for years, many other options including Coal Tar & Olive Oil. Made here in Ontario but at the very least Amazon.com has some on offer. Inexpensive , pretty much unscented - a major plus for me and they last well.

Bar Soaps – The Soapworks
dave

I like Duke Cannon soaps. They are huge (10 oz), manly bars that lather easy and rinse off clean. The last quite a while and comes in a variety of scents including unscented.

I have found it tractor supply, bed bath and beyond, target, amazon, and of course on their website. Link

I placed an order through the Duke Cannon site (I’m a fan of their bath soaps, shampoo... and really everything other than the shave creams.)

Their online ordering was super simple - a good reminder that there is more out there than just “Amazon”. (Plus, there are discounts for ordering in bulk.)

Bisous De Provence Lavender Triple Milled from Trader Joe's @ $3.50 for a 7 ounce bar. Fantastic soap period, but for 50 cents an ounce, an absolute steal.

Saponificio Artigianale Fiorentino, esp. the lavender. Almost always available at a good price at TJ Max or Tuesday Morning. It has a very creamy lather I love.

I love Stirling Soap Co. If you haven't tried them, I recommend to check them out, as they have many scents available and the soap is superb!!

Top Bottom