What's new

Your favorite athlete of all time

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
I'm watching The Last Dance series about Michael Jordan. I already voted for Walt "Clyde" Frazier as my favorite athlete but I may have to provide my top five. Jordan definitely among them. Bjorn Borg and Rafael Nadal would round out my top five.

I'm with you on Nadal. Bjorn Borg is a legend but how spoiled are we as tennis fans to be watching this current era with arguably the three greatest players to ever play Tennis all playing at the same time? Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic.... Remarkable.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
I have no choice but to go with Wikipedia - Christy Mathewson. One of the original 5 inductees to the Baseball Hall of Fame, he dominated batters. The Giants won the 1905 World Series behind his 3 complete game shutouts where combined he only gave up 14 hits. He had a deep faith, refusing to pitch on Sundays to honor God. His service in WWI interrupted his baseball career, and his life too was shortened by a chemical warfare training accident.

Christy was a true gentleman, and as you can see in the picture at left, a member of our wet shaving community.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I have no choice but to go with Wikipedia - Christy Mathewson. One of the original 5 inductees to the Baseball Hall of Fame, he dominated batters. The Giants won the 1905 World Series behind his 3 complete game shutouts where combined he only gave up 14 hits. He had a deep faith, refusing to pitch on Sundays to honor God. His service in WWI interrupted his baseball career, and his life too was shortened by a chemical warfare training accident.

Christy was a true gentleman, and as you can see in the picture at left, a member of our wet shaving community.

He played for the Cincinnati Reds, and was their Manager

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Dan Marino.
Robbed by the Refs of a chance to play against the Bears.
Greatest QB ever. Still holds records to this day.
The most exciting QB I ever saw play the game is in this photograph.

marino flutie reszr.jpg

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I've got so many fave athletes. In baseball, Henry Aaron, Terry Pendleton, Minnie Minoso, Rabbit Maranville, and a dozen others. In football, Geno Cappalletti, Frank Gifford, Doug Flutie. Hockey's Tim Sheehy, John Bucyk, Gordie Howe, and 100 others. Then there's Gaelic footballer Dermot Early, Sr, runners Uta Pippig and Lynn Jennings, ski racers Franz Klammer, Jean Claude Killy, Barbara Cochran, and Sofia Goggia, golfers Annika Sorenstam and John Daly... I could go on all day.

Top Bottom