What's new

Your favorite athlete of all time

Ken Griffey Jr.

It’s rare when an athlete truly transcends the sport and becomes an icon. And Griffey played the sport with so much passion and joy. That’s what sports are about.

Baseball--Ted Williams
Tennis--Roger Federer
Bull Fighting--Manolete
High Wire--Phillipe Petit
Table Tennis--Jan-Ove Waldner
Sprinter--Usain Bolt
Escape Artist--Harry Houdini

This is tuff. I have a bunch of favorites but if I had to pick just one it’s got to be;
Sugar Ray Leonard.

He won Gold in the 1975 Olympics in Montreal.
He held world titles in 5 weight divisions.
He was the undisputed Welterweight champ in a time where those weight classes were loaded with some talented fighters.
He fought and beat some of the best; Roberto “Hands of Stone” Duran, Thomas “The hit man” Hearns, “Marvelous” Marvin Hagler.
I believe him to be considered in the top 15 all time boxers pound for pound. These rankings though they say pound for pound still lend themselves to the big boys in my opinion. If Sugar Ray Leonard was a heavy weight and accomplished what he did, he would be considered one of the top 3 or 4 all time in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Kruk. He was reprimanded by a mom whose son saw him, a professional athlete, smoking a cigarette. He replied, "Lady, I'm not an athlete. I'm a ballplayer."

Wayne Gretzky, a skinny pipsqueak that dominated a sport of giant goons. For as amazing as he was at scoring his own goals (all-time record holder) he was even double and triple better at setting up & assisting his teammates for goals. He had so many assists that even if he had never scored one single goal in his whole career he'd still hold the all-time combined NHL points record because he had so many assists.

He showed that you don't have to be a monster to excel in a world of monsters... you just need the brains to avoid trouble and know how to get to the right place at the right time.

Wayne Gretzky, a skinny pipsqueak that dominated a sport of giant goons. For as amazing as he was at scoring his own goals (all-time record holder) he was even double and triple better at setting up & assisting his teammates for goals. He had so many assists that even if he had never scored one single goal in his whole career he'd still hold the all-time combined NHL points record because he had so many assists.

He showed that you don't have to be a monster to excel in a world of monsters... you just need the brains to avoid trouble and know how to get to the right place at the right time.
Well and having a few monsters on your side doesn’t hurt.

This is tuff. I have a bunch of favorites but if I had to pick just one it’s got to be;
Sugar Ray Leonard.

He won Gold in the 1975 Olympics in Montreal.
He held world titles in 5 weight divisions.
He was the undisputed Welterweight champ in a time where those weight classes were loaded with some talented fighters.
He fought and beat some of the best; Roberto “Hands of Stone” Duran, Thomas “The hit man” Hearns, “Marvelous” Marvin Hagler.
I believe him to be considered in the top 15 all time boxers pound for pound. These rankings though they say pound for pound still lend themselves to the big boys in my opinion. If Sugar Ray Leonard was a heavy weight and accomplished what he did, he would be considered one of the top 3 or 4 all time in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great fighter. Hagler got absolutely robbed in that fight.

Larry Bird

Top Bottom