What's new

Your favorite affordable (Cheap) cigar?

I love a good premium cigar and I have some pretty awesome, and expensive sticks in the "fridgedor". I have, however discovered a couple of very inexpensive stogies that I think are pretty awesome in their own rite. Post up your favorite smokes that you didn't have to pawn anything to buy. Here's my top three in respective order.

1. "Sosa" I have 3 boxes of these in the humi. They get better with age. Less than $2 each and I love em.

2. "Alverez" These are hand made in a little mom & pop shop in Perth Amboy, NJ and as far as I know, you cant get them anywhere else. They have several sizes but only two blends conn. and maduro. They are excellent at $2 each.

3. "5-Vegas Triple A" These are the only 5-Vegas sticks I care for, but for under $2, they are hard to beat.

Come on now, don't be afraid to admit that you don't always smoke an "Opus X". What's a good stick at a low cost.

Thanks for playing along.

I like Mark Twain cigars. They are $3 standard now, but I think you can still get them on sale occasionally for $2 or $2.50.

I also like Fighting **** quite a bit for a cheap cigar.

Ooo I'm hoping this thread goes a long way. I've been on the hunt for a few good cheap cigars to stock. I can't afford to smoke the more pricy ones very often. So far the best inexpensive cigar I have tried was the perdomo fresco. The ones I got were Connecticut I believe. Very flavorful and burned well.

Gonna use this thread to update my "need to try" list. :thumbup:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I will be following this. I don't do cigars often, mainly due to price. My personal favorite is a Hoyo de Monterrey Excaliber #1 (my first good cigar- my uncle bought one for me when I was visiting him and we went to the tobacco store), and while those are by no means high end, they tend around $7 a stick when bought individually.

For around $5 the Cubana Real Semilla can't be beat. At around $2-$2.50 the 5 Vegas AAA isn't bad. The 5 Vegas Series A used to be a lot better, and at $2 they're passable (depending on the size, the "animal" is horrible), but just barely. For around $3 at auction CAO Colombia is a dang good breakfast cigar with a cup of joe or for anybody that likes mild/medium body.

I don't know too much about cigars but two that I've had that don't break the bank are;

Pueblo Dominicano
AJ Fernandez New world( specifically the robusto)

I don't think they're considered the cheapest but I enjoyed them.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Well, there's cheap, and then there's cheap.

My go to inexpensive cigar is a Punch Maduro Elite--with careful shopping, I can usually get these at about $50 a box, or $2 a stick.

To go even cheaper, I like the Fonseca seconds and Fonseca Arana seconds. These fall in the $1.25 to $1.50 category.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a cigar called odyssey habano today. Was pretty good for $2. Less if you buy a bundle. Gonna try another next time I visit the shop.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Any "brand name" cigars on special at CI. If you keep checking you can get some really nice cigars at 2-3 a stick. Some recents ones I got were La Bombas, Punch Bare Knuckles, Unholy Cocktails, various AJ Fernandez sticks, etc.
Right now they have a 20 stick PDR sampler for 40.00.
I haven't had good luck with the really cheap stuff as burn issues and skunky tastes really kill the relaxation aspect smoking a cigar has for me.

Any "brand name" cigars on special at CI. If you keep checking you can get some really nice cigars at 2-3 a stick. Some recents ones I got were La Bombas, Punch Bare Knuckles, Unholy Cocktails, various AJ Fernandez sticks, etc.
Right now they have a 20 stick PDR sampler for 40.00.
I haven't had good luck with the really cheap stuff as burn issues and skunky tastes really kill the relaxation aspect smoking a cigar has for me.

:thumbup: That works well. Especially if your wanting to try new cigars or don't have anything specific in mind. I think all the nicer cigars in my Tupperdor came in samplers haha.

Cheap is relative, but.....

Sam Leccia cigars are tasty and cheap
Quesada can be found on sale at less than $100/box
La Herencia Cubana are decent
PDR makes good stuff - I like the 1878 line

I have to agree with Rob on the Edge Maduros. Those things are lovely. But also the 601 Blue's. It is rumored that they were originally blended by Don Pepin. The certainly taste like it! Also the Famous #3000 series are lovely too. Also originally blended by Don Pepin.

I love a good premium cigar and I have some pretty awesome, and expensive sticks in the "fridgedor". I have, however discovered a couple of very inexpensive stogies that I think are pretty awesome in their own rite. Post up your favorite smokes that you didn't have to pawn anything to buy. Here's my top three in respective order.

1. "Sosa" I have 3 boxes of these in the humi. They get better with age. Less than $2 each and I love em.

2. "Alverez" These are hand made in a little mom & pop shop in Perth Amboy, NJ and as far as I know, you cant get them anywhere else. They have several sizes but only two blends conn. and maduro. They are excellent at $2 each.

3. "5-Vegas Triple A" These are the only 5-Vegas sticks I care for, but for under $2, they are hard to beat.

Come on now, don't be afraid to admit that you don't always smoke an "Opus X". What's a good stick at a low cost.

Thanks for playing along.
Parodi's stogies - great for clearing out an elevator

2nds and Overruns are my way to go to stock qty of great sticks without the labels...
Oliva 2nds
Nicaraguan 90+2nds

Ligero Laced 2nds are my favorites if I can find them. Always $2 range or less and all the flavor of the originals. Often hard to figure out what made them 2nds.

Swisher Sweets. Hey, you asked! LOL In my younger days, I used to love the Swisher Sweets with the wood tips.

I've been afraid to try those haha. Tried a pouch of "backwoods". Was quite surprised. They weren't too bad to be honest. They were pretty sweet. But I like sweet haha. Kinda like an aromatic pipe tobacco in cigar form. I didn't find them as bad as most people claim they are :blush:

Top Bottom